IGNORED

PRGE - Portland Retro Gaming Expo - Oct 22,23 2016

Rev

15 hours and 960 miles drive if we do it in one shot, I'm too old for that so we be overnighting in Spokane. Anything in Spokane with respect to retro games, arcades, or vintage toys or other collectables?

I'd say ask Rev but he would just tell you where the best Hello Kitty and bulk lube stores were

If I get to go, and that's still a huge IF at this point, I'll be on 80 west for oh about 2900 miles...

Driven the whole East Coast/West Coast thing almost 8 times now and on a different interstate each time. I can say with confidence driving through North Dakota sucks. I-80 is definitely the better way to go over I-94 and downtown Des Moines has a decent basement level barcade to visit if you stop there called Up-Down.

http://www.updowndsm.com/

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 3

15 hours and 960 miles drive if we do it in one shot, I'm too old for that so we be overnighting in Spokane. Anything in Spokane with respect to retro games, arcades, or vintage toys or other collectables?

Spokane has exactly 2 retro game stores - and they're literally across the street from each other:

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/retro+video+games+spokane/@47.6559776,-117.3320678,16z

I've been to both, and like always, they're overpriced for the most part. Very little pre-crash stuff except the odd Combat cart. If you do hit them up, in May one of them had those N64 racing controllers (handheld, not the huge steering wheels), boxed for $1. Pick me one up on the way. I've been regretting passing it up for that price.

Also what the hell - did America shut down its airlines? Am I the only one flying to the show? :P

Spokane has exactly 2 retro game stores - and they're literally across the street from each other:

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/retro+video+games+spokane/@47.6559776,-117.3320678,16z

I've been to both, and like always, they're overpriced for the most part. Very little pre-crash stuff except the odd Combat cart. If you do hit them up, in May one of them had those N64 racing controllers (handheld, not the huge steering wheels), boxed for $1. Pick me one up on the way. I've been regretting passing it up for that price.

Also what the hell - did America shut down its airlines? Am I the only one flying to the show? :P

I'll take a look at those two stores in Spokane.

I'm not flying because I'm bringing stuff there, and hopefully bringing a crap ton of stuff back since I'm not having to ration suitcase space.

I'm looking for a sealed Solar Sailer for reasonable price or possible trade with some unique NEW stuff I'm bringing to a certain booth ;-)

• Like 1

All lies! Lol.

I've never been to a retro game convention. ....unlike you two princesses.

Fine. Retrogaming convention, dildo convention. Tomayyto, tomaaaahto. Either way, you know your way around a back alley. That point is not up for debate. Also, you're an "earner".

And you will have to downgrade from the 20.00 hookers to the 5.00 ones....times are tough.

Maybe there sympathetic to Canadians who travel all the way to get there. I would love to go, but my wife has a work trip in Denver that weekend. Oh well, hopefully next year. I look forward to seeing all the great pictures.

Zero hours of drive, but about 14 hours and 5,502 miles by plane. Can anybody compete? :P

Probably not!

I will be flying in though, with my buddy Steve. Lucky to have a friend that collects and plays the games, and my Wife is sending me off to the Expo,bless her heart!

Thanks for taking that long flight Intellivotion, I will find you there! :)

• Like 1