IGNORED

How Many 2600's Do You Own

hizzy

I have a couple dozen in storage, though I won't swear that most work. I have two that I know work at home, including my mid 80's vader I got for christmas. I keep the broken ones because I figure they are easy to fix, I'm just one of those that suffers from the lazies and never do anything like that.

These are the 5 2600 systems I have, the 6 switch I basically got back from the police department after they tracked down the thief that took it in 2003, and they only kept following up on the report because I kept checking up on the outcome. Had I not they would have dropped it, and the other 4 2600's were literally dropped off on my doorstep for a mere $90 plus 39 games came with it and a bag of joysticks as shown in the 3rd photo, the other 2 2600's are out of the shot because I didn't exactly want to roll backward out into the street to get the whole shot :P:

post-2131-0-35232200-1459354522_thumb.jpg

post-2131-0-53359800-1459354609_thumb.jpg

post-2131-0-69043100-1459355232_thumb.jpg

1. Atari sunnyvale heavy sixer

2. Atari sunnyvale light sixer

3. Atari wong light sixer

4. Sears video arcade taiwan (modded) and currently used a lot

5. Atari ireland woody 4 switch (very low serial number)

6. Atari reland black 4 switch (modded)

7. Atari ireland junior

8. Atari 7800 china

9. Atari 7800 french (modded)

All are PAL except the sears which is NTSC and used with a harmony cartridge in NTSC mode. This console has the best picture of the lot. I am very proud of my console collection and still play every day.

Edited by atariactionman

I've got a Sears Video Arcade II, which I know is just the Japanese 2600 with a different name on the label. I've always wanted the original classic, though, but so far they're out of my price range, especially since it wouldn't be so simple as to trade in my SVAII for the wood-grained granddad itself.

Definitely on my list, though. One day.

• 4 months later...

Where do you all get all of these? I feel so under funded with just the one 2600 now...

Think I got mine all on Ebay. Mine were all under $50, including at least a few games with each.

I have a Sears heavy sixer, a 4 switch Atari woody, and a 7800, all boxed. I used to have a Sears VA II but pretty sure I sold it - I decided at one point that all I really *need* is a 7800, and beyond that all I really *want* is a heavy sixer, one proper Atari-branded VCS, and maybe someday if I'm lucky again a 2800. (I say again because I found one boxed up in a store once and passed on it like a doofus.)

Think I got mine all on Ebay. Mine were all under $50, including at least a few games with each.

I have a Sears heavy sixer, a 4 switch Atari woody, and a 7800, all boxed. I used to have a Sears VA II but pretty sure I sold it - I decided at one point that all I really *need* is a 7800, and beyond that all I really *want* is a heavy sixer, one proper Atari-branded VCS, and maybe someday if I'm lucky again a 2800. (I say again because I found one boxed up in a store once and passed on it like a doofus.)

Ive actually been considering getting a 7800 in place of my 2600 but the compatibility issues on certain models makes me nervous. And man, I'd want a 2800 for the controllers alone! Now that I've thought about it, would those controllers work on a 2600/7800?