IGNORED

How Many 2600's Do You Own

hizzy

I have a light sixer and a flashback 2 with a cart slot. I also have a 7800 and a 2600 expansion module for a Colecovision.

I'm hopefully getting my modded Colecovision back soon. My 7800 is also out being modded.

Where do you all get all of these? I feel so under funded with just the one 2600 now...

Most of mine I got from big lots on eBay that at the time I figured that after I took out what I wanted, buying it all in bulk, and then selling what I don't need later that in the long run it would be cheaper than buying everything individually. I also look for stuff that the seller and/or other bidders don't notice or know is in the lots. For an example, I got one in a lot that had two prototype carts that apparently only I noticed because I was the only one that bid on it. So, now I have doubles of doubles of doubles that someday I'll sort through and then sell.

Most of mine I got from big lots on eBay that at the time I figured that after I took out what I wanted, buying it all in bulk, and then selling what I don't need later that in the long run it would be cheaper than buying everything individually. I also look for stuff that the seller and/or other bidders don't notice or know is in the lots. For an example, I got one in a lot that had two prototype carts that apparently only I noticed because I was the only one that bid on it. So, now I have doubles of doubles of doubles that someday I'll sort through and then sell.

That's a really good plan!

Ive actually been considering getting a 7800 in place of my 2600 but the compatibility issues on certain models makes me nervous. And man, I'd want a 2800 for the controllers alone! Now that I've thought about it, would those controllers work on a 2600/7800?

I'm sure I tried it with my Sears VA II. I don't remember if they worked or not but I don't *think* they did. I could be entirely wrong about that, though.

If you just want the controllers, just go buy a Sears VA II like I did. I only care about an actual 2800 because it's rare and collectible. It's probably my "most irrational want".

I'm sure I tried it with my Sears VA II. I don't remember if they worked or not but I don't *think* they did. I could be entirely wrong about that, though.

If you just want the controllers, just go buy a Sears VA II like I did. I only care about an actual 2800 because it's rare and collectible. It's probably my "most irrational want".

Everyone needs a few good irrational wants!