IGNORED

New 4MB RAM expansion

Simius

Connection set beetwen CPLD and other ICs is different in XE and XL version, but the internal structure is identical. XE version is also a few milimeters higher because the 65816 is in socket.

Would you change your order to XE?

If the PCBs main layout is same, i'll stick with the XL version. I'm just not able to mount it the place you did.

But that should not be you problem, i'll try to solve it.

• 3 weeks later...

The last expected components, as yet for 50 boards, are already in the customs office. The entire batch of PCBs should be shipped today from manufacture via DHL. I think I can finally accept the payments. The appropriate messages will be soon in your mailboxes. First nine boards are already assembled and will be sent shortly.

• Like 3

Just to be clear. There is only one batch. (at least this time), but the boards are assembled by hand and it takes a lot of time. I could do this on the pick-place machine, but I would have to wait even longer because I didn't report it sufficiently in advance. Because I didn't expect so many interested and I had planned to assemble these dozen pieces myself.

So your statement that not all notifications were sent until now means that not all notifications are sent yet or have been sent as of now? In other words, I just want to speak up if I should be concerned and to be quiet if all is normal. I haven't been sent a notification, I assume it just means all is normal, pieces wifi be built later, demand has been high.

Just curious -- how many potential orders did you receive? Of course, orders will continue to dribble in and some will end up not buying. But this strikes me as being one of the most popular upgrades in awhile. (And so is Bryan's Ultimate Atari Video!)

Can't wait to put both in a 600XL and see how many things I can get to work correctly!

-Larry

Just curious -- how many potential orders did you receive?

Larry, see this:

http://starzaki.eu.org/~jkaeno/up_v1.0/files/Customers.pdf

It's been posted several times and updated regularly with a date now too.

I'm wanting a SysCheck but since that one is tangled up with another fine product, I'll wait a bit till thing settle down some before muddying those waters. Simius is kinda busy at the moment, I can now wait while others still don't pay, or confirm their machine type. It means mine gets shipped sooner and I like that part.

It will take what time it takes - I know Simius is doing his best with every good intention possible by just watching the above linked to pdf getting updated sometimes daily. Brilliant use of a central project information bulletin, I like everything connected to this project. I can wait, take your time, Simius. The hard part for me is over and that was when you were wanting to get a decent idea first of how many were interested.

Update:

1. The PCBs are already here. I think I can assemble (and send) about 25-30pcs. weekly.

2. When I wrote that there is no need to solder (if MB socketed), it was not a strictly precise. If you want to use 600/800XL machine equipped with this expansion with IDE+2, it's necessary either: to connect the 8-pin header on the IDE+ to the proper signals in the computer OR to connect ONE additional signal (EXSEL) which is not present on MMU nor CPU socket. In the XE series there is no such problem.

3. A few days of delay were appeared because of necessary to ensure compatibility with the IDE+ rev.C, which was incompatible with the '816 systems from the beginning. Also because of still not finished software for FLASH programming and switching the RAM size options.

4. Configuration register (XCON) is present at address $D1F7 and is hardware protected from the accidental, unintentionaly change. Information how to handle this register will be published soon.

post-26134-0-91826200-1465321244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simius
  • Like 3