IGNORED

Japanese Lynx Games

HandheldGuru

Look what showed up on eBay this morning! Chips's Challenge and Gates of Zendocon. Only differences between the US/European releases are the manuals, all in Japanese and very...Japanese-y looking. I've seen Klax show up from Japan before, but this is the first I've seen of both of these two! Also, I have a warning, eBay seller kokete also has...well what appears to be many Japanese Lynx games and Boxes...however I have been looking at them (and I'll post a picture below) I want to say with 98% certainly, that they are fakes. The reason these two are valid, the seller is based in Japan. I'll post the links for these two and I hope someone on here is able to get these!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Lynx-Japanese-Release-GATES-OF-ZENDOCON-Boxed-Japan-0212A22-/391390010595?hash=item5b20a99ce3:g:71cAAOSwKtVWyXB

fhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Lynx-Japanese-Release-CHIPS-CHALLENGE-Boxed-Japan-0212A21-/391390009485?hash=item5b20a9988d:g:JJkAAOSwx-9WyW7x

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Ha! i just bid on them both and then jump on to AA & see this :D

These are legit with the difference being a Japanese manual (though i need the manuals as well as the fat carts of both of these). So far i only have the Slime World Jap manual, but as previously stated, mainly keen for the Gauntlet Jap manual.

Also, as far as i know, the ONLY Lynx game to have a totally unique Japanese cart AND box AND manual is KLAX.

These manuals would be nice to have in the collection, but i still wish the Japanese did different variants like that did with KLAX!

Here's some pictures of Japanese cartridges.

post-27403-0-44776600-1456174292_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-84705600-1456174310_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-32093800-1456174321_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-60881300-1456174336_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-88416200-1456174560_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-32924400-1456174567_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-87966100-1456174605_thumb.jpg

post-27403-0-04819000-1456174613_thumb.jpg

These Japanese carts and boxes are legit. I think they are all really cool, but the most interesting ones are SlimeWorld (really different manual art) and Klax (different manual and boxart, plus the alternate cart with the lump at the back).

• Like 2

Ha! i just bid on them both and then jump on to AA & see this :D

These are legit with the difference being a Japanese manual (though i need the manuals as well as the fat carts of both of these). So far i only have the Slime World Jap manual, but as previously stated, mainly keen for the Gauntlet Jap manual.

Also, as far as i know, the ONLY Lynx game to have a totally unique Japanese cart AND box AND manual is KLAX.

These manuals would be nice to have in the collection, but i still wish the Japanese did different variants like that did with KLAX!

I hope you were the highest bidder, they went for quite a lot of money in the end!

I hope you were the highest bidder, they went for quite a lot of money in the end!

Hell NO!! US 81 and $107?! WTF?! Seriously?? it's JUST the manual that's different! and the flat cart are the rarest of cart versions but certainly not rare or expensive and generally easily available. WOW! i guess I lucked out with a CIB Slime World with Japanese AND English manual for about 15 bucks in total (no other bidders after a week on eBay either)! I wonder if these are the 'New' prices for Jap Lynx manuals? :(

:-o :-o :-o OH - MY - GOD :-o :-o :-o 81 and 107 US dollars, 14 and 16 bids... I would consider selling my 16 japanese CIB games at that prices! (or maybe not). :-D :-D :-D

Maybe just my second Xenophobe CIB... :roll:

BTW... Besides the beautiful manuals there are at least five other japanese manuals (uglier): Electrocop, Shanghai, Robosquash, California Games and Blue Lightning.

Almost all that stuff can be seen in the photos that LX.NET kindly posted. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...