IGNORED

Gamma-Attack Reissue

DJSAM123

It is just a reproduction, I would assume it to be worth no more than $20-$30

Technically, since this version was made by the original programmer, it's not a reproduction. Heck, since the ROM is different this technically isn't necessarily a reissue either. The ROM itself is actually unique in that it features a screen before going to the game itself. At the bottom of the screen is Gammation's web address, and Gammy is featured at the center of the screen and is controllable. Once you press the fire button, it goes to the main game screen. The copyright date is also different from the original version. Instead of © GAM 83, it's © GAM 08. I did some research through Wayback Machine, and it appears that this particular version is Gamma-Attack 4, with the original '83 version being Ver. 3. This version also came with a certificate of authenticity and of course, the manual. All cartridges were signed and numbered. This one is no. 31 out of 100.

I thank you for the input. But at the same time, I have to disagree. On the reproduction aspect that is, not price. If that's what these specific items are going for, I can't argue. On the topic of reproduction, however, since it is an official Gammation release, it can't be a reproduction, even if the ROM was exactly the same. If it was, it would be a re-issue. A reproduction would be something like an Air Raid made by Hozer, aka not an official release. In this case, this was made by Gammation and by the original programmer. And since the ROM is different from the original, it's kind-of in a league of it's own. Not a reproduction, and not necessarily a reissue. Calling this a reproduction is like calling Atari's version of BMX Airmaster a reproduction, when it's obviously not.

I thank you for the input. But at the same time, I have to disagree. On the reproduction aspect that is, not price. If that's what these specific items are going for, I can't argue. On the topic of reproduction, however, since it is an official Gammation release, it can't be a reproduction, even if the ROM was exactly the same. If it was, it would be a re-issue. A reproduction would be something like an Air Raid made by Hozer, aka not an official release. In this case, this was made by Gammation and by the original programmer. And since the ROM is different from the original, it's kind-of in a league of it's own. Not a reproduction, and not necessarily a reissue. Calling this a reproduction is like calling Atari's version of BMX Airmaster a reproduction, when it's obviously not.

If you already have your mind made up, why ask for an opinion? It is not the original release and looks like ass.

• Like 2

If you already have your mind made up, why ask for an opinion? It is not the original release and looks like ass.

It looks like that because I was not careful with it when I was younger (I was twelve at the time). I bought this as a kid when I started getting into Atari collecting. I saw that Robert Esken had made a re-release of sorts and thought it would be nifty to get a copy. I just posted this to see if this version was worth anything now. I see that it really isn't, and my question has been answered.

I'm still not convinced this is technically a reproduction, given my arguement earlier, but eh, that doesn't matter too much. I just wanted to know how much this particular version went for. Thanks. Plus, it's cool having an official Gamma-Attack, whether it's the original or this version.

I remember that happening a few years back, the original programmer made some of those. I was gonna get one, but they were gone too fast. There was one on ebay US a couple of years ago.

How much did they sell for.

I think there was a thread here on AA about it?

I believe they sold for $50 each. I also did some digging and found Robert's re-release announcement: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/155634-gamma-attack-re-released-by-gammation-on-ebay/

• Like 1

Hard to say value. Less than you think. You might just want to place it on ebay and start it at $1.00 and see what it sells for.

Wasn't looking to sell. Just wanted to see if these have gotten some value over the past few years. Might have to wait a few decades. Oh well. It's a cool item no matter what. And it's finally complete again. :)

I'd say with the certificate and knowing it's done by the original programmer, it would fetch quite a bit.

My guess would be no, here is a signed and numbered copy that just sold on ebay. I know it doesn't have the paperwork, but is shows that they are definately on the downward trend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMMA-ATTACK-SIGNED-RE-RELEASED-ATARI-2600-GAME-/121884681200?hash=item1c60e4a3f0:g:XlMAAOSwX~dWsqgQ

My guess would be no, here is a signed and numbered copy that just sold on ebay. I know it doesn't have the paperwork, but is shows that they are definately on the downward trend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMMA-ATTACK-SIGNED-RE-RELEASED-ATARI-2600-GAME-/121884681200?hash=item1c60e4a3f0:g:XlMAAOSwX~dWsqgQ

Interesting. This means that he made a few different Gamma-Attack re-issues. I wonder which version this is. I would assume mine was made later considering the copyright in the game is GAM 08, but the instruction manual says 2010.

• 4 weeks later...