IGNORED

Shock Vision games are ROM variants

Lathe26

On 2/24/2021 at 4:57 PM, decle said:

This is my current list of the 50 known Shock Vision and Intelligame pirate carts, gathered from images on the internet.  Those with entries in the variant columns have been dumped and their status as ROM variations is confirmed (or refuted).  Known ROM variations only differ by a hacked copyright message on the title screen.  As a consequence, it is unlikely that any Mattel titles with stock title screens will be ROM variants.

image.thumb.png.cf0f595b57bf01f81ccc6997da59d504.png

(...)

decle, the list should be updated with a new entry:

Fathon (sic)

Screenshot_20210917-182055_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 4:57 PM, decle said:

This is my current list of the 50 known Shock Vision and Intelligame pirate carts, gathered from images on the internet.  Those with entries in the variant columns have been dumped and their status as ROM variations is confirmed (or refuted).  Known ROM variations only differ by a hacked copyright message on the title screen.  As a consequence, it is unlikely that any Mattel titles with stock title screens will be ROM variants.

image.thumb.png.cf0f595b57bf01f81ccc6997da59d504.png

Ricardo's images added quite a few new titles to the list, for example Astrosmash, Frog Bog, Golf and Sharp Shot.  However, whilst his collection is certainly the most comprehensive seen by some margin, it is still some way from being complete ;).  I still find it interesting that for a football mad country no version of Soccer has turned up yet on either Shock Vision or Intelligame.

@ricardowilmers, it is not clear from cartridge label in the image what game this is...

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-20 at 16.45.31.jpeg

Just for completeness, could you let us know what it is please?  Thanks.

decle, I finally tested Shock Vision Fathom ("Fathon" on both labels) and Dracula ("Drácula" on both labels) and you can definitely add them to the list of Shock Vision games which have the Rom variant:

20220410_171235.jpg

20220410_171924.jpg

Other Shock Vision games I tested right today have apparently the original Rom. I'm talking about Pinball, River Raid, Truckin', White Water, Ice Trek, Bowling and Loco-Motion.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, intellivotion said:

decle, I finally tested Shock Vision Fathom ("Fathon" on both labels) and Dracula ("Drácula" on both labels) and you can definitely add them to the list of Shock Vision games which have the Rom variant:

Other Shock Vision games I tested right today have apparently the original Rom. I'm talking about Pinball, River Raid, Truckin', White Water, Ice Trek, Bowling and Loco-Motion.

Nice!  Thanks for taking the time to do this and report your findings. :thumbsup:

I've added your results to my list of Brazilian pirate games which I've transferred to a Google spreadsheet that can be viewed here (we've now identified 53 Shock Vision games and 19 IntelliGame titles):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gg49VKGUp8k7y5MeHOFcnsFeO77G8FPPwPOUYrA8yhE/edit?usp=sharing

In doing this I've split the Shock Vision and IntelliGame lists onto separate worksheets, and tried to provide links to evidence that supports the assertions made.  When it comes to ROM variants I've applied the following rules:

• Yes - If there is a picture of a doctored title screen or there is a ROM dump to support the variation
  • No - If there is a ROM dump that confirms the game is a standard version
  • No? - If there is a picture of a standard title screen or someone states the game appears to be unchanged
  • Blank - There is no evidence at the moment

As always, if anyone has any corrections or additional information please let us know and I'll add it (if we could persuade @cmart604 down into his Inty dungeon for an hour with a Shock Vision adapter and camera, we could probably add a couple more ROM variants to the list! ;)).

Cheers

decle

Edited by decle
Made the link clickable
  • Like 3

I actually forgot I had 4 more Shock Vision games to test, lol

Q*Bert, Frogger and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Treasure of Tarmin (aka "Adventure Duendes e Dragões II") look like having the original Rom. On the other hand, Popeye is definitely Shock Vision, as already stated and shown elsewhere and also reported in your spreadsheet.

20220412_211628.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm the admin at https://videogamebrasileiro.fandom.com/

I'm adding ShockVision games to our library and I was interested in adding screenshots for those modified ROM title screens with ShockVision info added, could any of you provide dumps for those ROMs? If anyone has images of Brazilian produced games, it would be awesome if you could share with the wiki. Thanks in advance.

• 7 months later...

Scudding around eBay, it seems we have the first proven Intelligame ROM variant...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185916993091?hash=item2b49842e43

Looks like someone has stuck a bit of the manual to the label for some reason...

lb1.thumb.jpg.f20101b035c0918b35839d770f4b8f0d.jpg

...and those red disc stickers are definitely there to hide the fact that someone has dug through the label to get to the screws and open up the shell...

lb2.thumb.jpg.7678c62561aab94f8d210d7b5d62eaba.jpg

...internally, although it has the same 3x 16pin ICs and 3x 14pin ICs as my copy of Utopia, the EPROMs are larger 28pin ICs (probably 8x8K 2764s rather than 8x4K 2732s) and the board layout is different.  And now the money shot...

lb3.thumb.jpg.707e0c6d307cce4c2e10d6f32e52e6a7.jpg

...got to love the 1985 date on the EPROMs and title screen.  That's a rarity in the world of Intellivision, I could be wrong, but the only other ones I'm aware of are Championship Tennis and World Cup Soccer.  I wonder if what seems to be an electric screwdriver is included in the 299Euro asking price?! ;)

For completeness the game looks to be standard from the one available screen shot...

lb4.thumb.jpg.337bc5c4f493224876dd8cbf85caa773.jpg

I've updated the entry in the Brazilian Pirate game database:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gg49VKGUp8k7y5MeHOFcnsFeO77G8FPPwPOUYrA8yhE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by decle
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, decle said:

Scudding around eBay, it seems we have the first proven Intelligame ROM variant...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185916993091?hash=item2b49842e43

Looks like someone has stuck a bit of the manual to the label for some reason...

lb1.thumb.jpg.f20101b035c0918b35839d770f4b8f0d.jpg

...and those red disc stickers are definitely there to hide the fact that someone has dug through the label to get to the screws and open up the shell...

lb2.thumb.jpg.7678c62561aab94f8d210d7b5d62eaba.jpg

...internally, although it has the same 3x 16pin ICs and 3x 14pin ICs as my copy of Utopia, the EPROMs are larger 28pin ICs (probably 8x8K 2764s rather than 8x4K 2732s) and the board layout is different.  And now the money shot...

lb3.thumb.jpg.707e0c6d307cce4c2e10d6f32e52e6a7.jpg

...got to love the 1985 date on the EPROMs and title screen.  That's a rarity in the world of Intellivision, I could be wrong, but the only other ones I'm aware of are Championship Tennis and World Cup Soccer.  I wonder if what seems to be an electric screwdriver is included in the 299Euro asking price?! ;)

For completeness the game looks to be standard from the one available screen shot...

lb4.thumb.jpg.337bc5c4f493224876dd8cbf85caa773.jpg

I've updated the entry in the Brazilian Pirate game database:

I recently picked up a Shockvision Royal Dealer BTW. I don't think it's on the list yet. 

• Like 1

The Shockvisions are really cool. I wish I had more. LOL I six in boxes and one cart and one adapter. Sometime at PRGE I offered up some for ROM dumps and lost one. LOL I was thinking it was Atlantis.

• Like 1