Lathe26

Shock Vision games are ROM variants

Perhaps some people already know this, but I just learned that at least some of the Shock Vision games are ROM variants.

In the "Intellivision Invasion" Facebook group, someone posted a cool video of them playing the Shock Vision version of Popeye. You can see the differences on the title screen, such as "Brasil 85" and "Shock Vision" instead of the normal text.

Has anyone done ROM dumps and compared the ROMs? Any known differences besides title screens? Which games have ROM variants besides Popeye?

• Like 2

I saw this on there too, the only difference I saw was the title screen:

SHOCK VISION

POPEYE

Brasil 85

That's what it said, with blue background. Definitely a ROM variant. Good work detectives.. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow! Excellent! This is why all those Shockvision carts need to be loaned to me! Archival purposes, of course. |:)

yes i need these for archival purposes as well. If someone is willing to send these to me or steve to extract the roms that would be awesome.

I saw that on Facebook too. Be fun to see them all as "ROMS", I didn't even know of these until a few months back.

Ugh, do I need to start Facebooking again?

No. We need only Lathe26 riding the evil Facebook :grin:

• Like 1

How is it remotely possible, that in a group that includes people that have OVER 400 VARIANTS we don't have a single person who owns these, and would lend them out for archival purposes? :lol:

• Like 1

How is it remotely possible, that in a group that includes people that have OVER 400 VARIANTS we don't have a single person who owns these, and would lend them out for archival purposes? :lol:

Sad, isn't it?

We will have to send Rev and Cmart in an Indiana Jones mission to Brazil including whips... errrr, better not :P

• Like 1

I have popeye and lady bug and have dumped the roms. Not sure if it is ok to post them? I found them on ebay a few weeks ago. they play fine and i had no trouble dumping them with the atarimax maxfalsh usb programmer.

post-37570-0-46513900-1456288157_thumb.jpg

post-37570-0-26219100-1456288159_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I have popeye and lady bug and have dumped the roms. Not sure if it is ok to post them? I found them on ebay a few weeks ago. they play fine and i had no trouble dumping them with the atarimax maxfalsh usb programmer.

attachicon.gif20160223_215845.jpg

attachicon.gif20160223_215903.jpg

Awesome! Does Lady Bug have a hacked title screen, too?

If you've got a flatbed scanner, I've got a favor to ask of you! It'd be great if you could send screen shots of those screens from jzIntv, too, for a web page. :D

We will have to send Rev and Cmart in an Indiana Jones mission to Brazil including whips... errrr, better not :P

Most Like Mission : Impossible. Almost impossible to find one of these nowadays....

• Like 1

So we know that shock vision has:

Zaxxon

Popeye

Lady bug

Ice trek

White water

Mission x

Tropical trouble

Any others they had?

So we know that shock vision has:

Zaxxon

Popeye

Lady bug

Ice trek

White water

Mission x

Tropical trouble

Any others they had?

The article on Valter Prette's web site has also: Q Bert, Loco-Motion, Pinball, Treasure Of Tarmin, Truckin, Safecracker and Nova Blast.