IGNORED

Ultimate Cart - Users thread

electrotrains

1 hour ago, GoldenGraham said:

Does anyone know the latest Firmware version number for the UltimateCart and where to download it from?  Also does anyone know how to check the current firmware version on my UltimateCart (purchased in November 2017)...?

Thanks.

Do you know the chip # I have several Firmware matching this # 10M08SAE144C8G

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rdea6 said:

Do you know the chip # I have several Firmware matching this # 10M08SAE144C8G

Hi, yes my chip number is 10M08SAE144C8G, the PCB is numbered # 024.  So, do you know how I can check my current firmware version or how/where I can obtain the latest firmware?   Thanks.

7 minutes ago, GoldenGraham said:

Also, is there likely to be any future firmware releases for UltimateCart ?

It's open source, anyone could update or release new firmware.

The 'latest' firmware was released fairly early on in the carts lifetime, XEX running was added and then there was a fix to that. It has been updated once since but I don't know if the change was even accepted. 

If you can run XEX files, you almost certainly have the latest firmware.

42 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

It's open source, anyone could update or release new firmware.

The 'latest' firmware was released fairly early on in the carts lifetime, XEX running was added and then there was a fix to that. It has been updated once since but I don't know if the change was even accepted. 

If you can run XEX files, you almost certainly have the latest firmware.

Thanks, yes I can run XEX files, and I have joystick control of the menus, so that answers my question, looks like I already have the latest version.  Has anyone else in the user community written any alternate firmwares for Ultimate Cart?  ATR file support is the main thing it is lacking I feel.

18 minutes ago, GoldenGraham said:

Has anyone else in the user community written any alternate firmwares for Ultimate Cart?  ATR file support is the main thing it is lacking I feel.

I would have (after making experimental firmware for the UNO), but I found the tool chain for Ultimate too intimidating. :)

14 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

I found the tool chain for Ultimate too intimidating

I thought I'd take a shot at adding a couple of cart types not already included but I'm on a mac and I gave up before I even got all the tools installed. Haven't yet found the time to set up a PC to do it, Windows 10 doesn't make me want to try.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, xrbrevin said:

how unfeasible is ATR support?

i guess it would already be on there if it was do-able?

I don't really care about the feature, as it is badly implemented in other cartridges. That's why SIO2SD is fine. I would rather like the ultimate to support some other bank switching and have the search for example.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...