electrotrains

Ultimate Cart - Users thread

I should have realised having a sliding panel that closes at the top is a mistake if you push against the contents to get it into the slot. Every time I try to insert the cart the cover pops off...

Back to the drawing board.

@pazuzu72 those are the same cart just front and back.

I just picked up an Ultimate Cart from the Brewing Academy and have put a bunch of CAR and XEX files on it. I'm noticing that when I load something up, it seems to just crash the machine with a blue screen roughly 1 out of 3 times. I have confirmed this behavior is consistent on both a stock 130XE and a stock 800.

Had anyone else seen this behavior? Did I get a defective cart?

Thanks.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

I've found it pretty good with CAR files, never tried XEX files.

BIN/ROM files are a bit more hit & miss, it's guessing the cart type based on the file size so the more unusual carts trip it up. 

Sorry, I should have described it better. The problem happens with the same file (e.g. I load the same CAR file and it fails 30-40% of the time).

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Hello all, life is slowing down a bit again for me so I'm back to digging into Atari stuff.. :)

If I could just get Quartus II downloaded again, I could continue my WIP... I was working on adding direct SD card support but have since figured out how to add IDE (CF) emulation, so like the AVG cart these could act like an SIDE cart.

Since Intel can't figure out how to make my account work to download the software, any got a copy of a recent version of Quartus somewhere I could download? Windows or Linux...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrMartian said:

Hello all, life is slowing down a bit again for me so I'm back to digging into Atari stuff.. :)

If I could just get Quartus II downloaded again, I could continue my WIP... I was working on adding direct SD card support but have since figured out how to add IDE (CF) emulation, so like the AVG cart these could act like an SIDE cart.

Since Intel can't figure out how to make my account work to download the software, any got a copy of a recent version of Quartus somewhere I could download? Windows or Linux...

Welcome back!!  It's 50GB download and I'm on a slow connection here. I'll send you a link with some logons you might try. This might be the right software download page or maybe not. heh

http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/19.3/?edition=pro&download_manager=dlm3&platform=windows

Edited by Sugarland