IGNORED

Digiplay Console on NTSC

coleconut

I just ordered a Digiplay Inty II console yesterday then today I am thinking shoot, am I going to be able to use this thing on my TV?

Do they display in PAL-M and if so that means black and white only right? How about those converters you see now, kinda scary buying one of those Chinese $12 units if it doesn't work? Anyone have input on this topic?

thx

In the past when I tried, it didn't work on my TV. It's been a number of years, but IIRC, a cheapo thing like a TV Terminator could probably work with a little bit of effort. That said, it's an ancient bit of hardware that was old when I built an XP machine 10 years ago. :P Haven't looked into a more modern solution for analog PAL / PAL-M on newer TVs. Lots don't handle analog RF at all any more. :(

I'm not sure about RF, but I play PAL 2600 games on an old composite Commodore monitor that has enough adjustment that I can make colour work and eliminate the PAL scrolling. Worst case I'm sure there's a TV out there that will allow enough adjustment to get a picture from a PAL source.

I dont know if I am talking thru my hat but PAL-M I believe is a little different in that its 60Hz like NTSC which I believe means that it wont scroll. But the colour coding is different meaning the display will be in black and white.

The crux of my question is really - does anyone have any experience with those Far East Chinese $14 converters on Ebay or is it a waste of money?

Oh, right. PAL-M is not the same as Euro PAL. I've never played with format converters because it's really just easier to pick up a local console - with the 2600 you're forced to deal with it as the cartridge dictates PAL/NTSC.

I'd be willing to waste $14 on a whim though. I've had surprising success with random Chinese electronics in recent years.

I dont know if I am talking thru my hat but PAL-M I believe is a little different in that its 60Hz like NTSC which I believe means that it wont scroll. But the colour coding is different meaning the display will be in black and white.

Yes, you're right. Brazilian PAL-M uses 60Hz like NTSC but a different colour scheme.

All modern tvs from Brazil handle NTSC and PAL-M, many CRT from 90s do that too. Unfotunately, importing a TV should be very expensive...

I hope the Chinese converter works for you.

ColecoNut , I think the best would be buy a local (Brazil) pal-m to NTSC converter. The dollar is 4 to 1 so, probably it would worth. PAL-M is kind trick and only 2 countries in the world used it. China is not one of them , hence the failures. Is better to spend a little bit more and buy one that will gonna work.