IGNORED

Season 9 - Round 16 - The Heist

coleco1981

250px-COLECO_VISION_LOGO.svg.png

ROUND 16 - SEASON 9

colecovision%20heist%20box.jpg

Join forces with Graham Crackers, the world's greatest superhero, as he enters a museum on an espionage mission. He is to find a micro dot containing top secret information. The dot is attached to one of the pieces of art found in the 90 rooms in the museum. Graham Crackers' mission is complete after he collects the last piece of art.

Game Information
Game Name: The Heist
Released by: Micro Fun
Settings: Game 1

Contest Ends
Sunday, March 20th 11:00PM EST

Contest Rules
The HSC rules can be found here

Current High Scores

1. Northcoastgamer 153,434 [+100]
2. darthkur 39,779 [+26]
3. TPR 34,943 [+23]
4. jblenkle 34,025 [+22]
5. digress 25,218 [+16]
6. roadrunner 12,920 [+8]
7. ed1475 12,887 [+8]

Leaderboard (up to end of prior round)

1. Northcoastgamer [1271] (14) 8
2. sega_SHARK [697] (13) 3
3. TPR [557] (13) 1
4. darthkur [548] (14)
5. jblenkle [522] (15)
6. ed1475 [511] (15) 1
7. coleco1981 [359] (10)
8. Mangia-Boy [210] (6)
9. roadrunner [201] (14)
10. Nebulon [172] (2) 1
11. S.BAZ [127] (6)
12. atariron82 [123] (5)
13. chuckwalla [108] (3)
14. sn8k [100] (1) 1
15. LidLikesIntellivision [63] (3)
16. klasko54 [54] (1)
17. SiLic0ne t0aD85 [51] (4)
18. williamc [31] (1)
19. digress [1] (1)
19. Darrin9999 [1] (1)

[ ] = Points
( ) = Rounds Played
BLUE = Rounds Won Edited by coleco1981

Sorry for the delay is getting this round up, I've changed the ending date to Wednesday.

Can any thought be given to just making this one end on Sunday, March 13th to get back in the groove of having them end Sunday night? I sort of got used to that pattern. If not, that's fine as well... I can live with it.

I really don't like this game.

I played for a good couple of hours tonight and while I did manage to get past level two which was VERY FRUSTRATING I got to level 3 and found a number of places where I just had to let the timer run out and kill myself because there were areas where I was trapped. This game annoys me because it *looks* really nice. The sprites are colorful, it has what appears to be good game mechanics, but it suffers from monotonous gameplay, some horrible and unfair collision detection and puzzles that just don't seem like they are very fun.

That being said, I managed to score a whopping

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 23.40.44.png

This part right here on level 2 was a bitch:

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 23.41.25.png

It took me forever to figure out how to jump at an angle down to get the last painting. Seriously, on level 3 I basically just gave up. Grabbed as much stuff as I could to get points but just got totally bored by the game and stopped trying. On to next week. ;)

I found it pretty fun. I guess it would have been nice if security & dogs came looking for you when you trip an alarm. A bit frustrating for sure but much better than I would have guessed.

I can see how to get that last painting on level 2 now as you mentioned.

I played for a good couple of hours tonight and while I did manage to get past level two which was VERY FRUSTRATING I got to level 3 and found a number of places where I just had to let the timer run out and kill myself because there were areas where I was trapped. This game annoys me because it *looks* really nice. The sprites are colorful, it has what appears to be good game mechanics, but it suffers from monotonous gameplay, some horrible and unfair collision detection and puzzles that just don't seem like they are very fun.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-03 at 23.40.44.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-03 at 23.41.25.png

It took me forever to figure out how to jump at an angle down to get the last painting. Seriously, on level 3 I basically just gave up. Grabbed as much stuff as I could to get points but just got totally bored by the game and stopped trying. On to next week. ;)

Yeah, that last painting on Level 2 is tough to get. I've done it before, but getting the angle just right is hard and if you miss there isn't time to go back around and try again.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-03 at 23.40.44.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-03 at 23.41.25.png

Yeah, that last painting on Level 2 is tough to get. I've done it before, but getting the angle just right is hard and if you miss there isn't time to go back around and try again.

I had 10 seconds to spare and I did it. This was on like my 4th or 5th try. I was at the point where I thought to myself "If I don't get it this time, I'm just going to end it right here..."

This is one of those cases where I think a little bit more tweaking of the gameplay to make it slightly less frustrating would have made this just a a FANTASTIC game because everything else about it looks so good on this system.

I've extended this round to Sunday by request!

Keep on submitting those high scores!

Can any thought be given to just making this one end on Sunday, March 13th to get back in the groove of having them end Sunday night? I sort of got used to that pattern. If not, that's fine as well... I can live with it.