IGNORED

TI99 Jet Set Willy (fault?)

granata1975

Hi.first of all what a brilliant conversion.first rate and a great achievement.

I do hope someone can put me right as i do think i have found a problem that makes the game unable to be completed.

In the `out on a limb` screen it seems to me that the item highest up on the screen cannot be collected.

This is due to the fact that it does not seem possible to jump onto the `twig` furthest to the right of the screen from the highest of the three

twigs just after the `branch`.

I have tried dozens of times and cannot accomplish this,the item is collected that way in the spectrum version and i do not think its my

gaming skills (or lack off)as i tried the jump on the spectrum on line emulator and made it first time no problem.

Do not see another way to collect it.

Any Thoughts?

Hi.first of all what a brilliant conversion.first rate and a great achievement.

I do hope someone can put me right as i do think i have found a problem that makes the game unable to be completed.

In the `out on a limb` screen it seems to me that the item highest up on the screen cannot be collected.

This is due to the fact that it does not seem possible to jump onto the `twig` furthest to the right of the screen from the highest of the three

twigs just after the `branch`.

I have tried dozens of times and cannot accomplish this,the item is collected that way in the spectrum version and i do not think its my

gaming skills (or lack off)as i tried the jump on the spectrum on line emulator and made it first time no problem.

Do not see another way to collect it.

Any Thoughts?

You're right, that room seems unsolvable. It worked at some point, but another fix must have broken it. The special thing here is that the twigs are actually ramps in disguise. Apparently my code that allows you to jump through ramps became too effective.

AFAIK, the original Spectrum version also had several bugs that prevented it from being completed. But if you collect all the items minus one I will count it as a completion :-)

I could probably provide an easy fix for the disk version by moving a few twigs, but the carts would be more difficult to change. What do you think, should I make a new version?

Did you know that the game has a cheat code?

If you go to The First Landing and type WRITETYPER you can use Ctrl+> and Ctrl+< to jump between screens.

Rasmus

• Like 3

HI there,i am not surprised at the explanation as several times Willy seemed to be getting a foothold on the twig before falling through.!

You are correct, the original Spectrum version was not completable due to at least two things i recall:

An arrow overwriting code and an unreachable object prevented completion.

Also unless my mind is playing tricks the original came with a competition,first to complete the game won a helicopter ride with Matthew Smith.

Anybody else recall this?

As to a new version,well it does seem a shame it cannot be completed.

It is however along with other creations on here a superb example of what can be achieved on the Ti.

• 3 weeks later...

HI there,i am not surprised at the explanation as several times Willy seemed to be getting a foothold on the twig before falling through.!

You are correct, the original Spectrum version was not completable due to at least two things i recall:

An arrow overwriting code and an unreachable object prevented completion.

Also unless my mind is playing tricks the original came with a competition,first to complete the game won a helicopter ride with Matthew Smith.

Anybody else recall this?

As to a new version,well it does seem a shame it cannot be completed.

It is however along with other creations on here a superb example of what can be achieved on the Ti.

In this version I have moved the twigs around a bit to make the room solvable.

JSW-out-on-a-limb-fix.dsk

• Like 1