IGNORED

PS3 Buying Guide & Favorite Games

Metal Jesus

Nice video....the slim original release is my favorite model.

First games to get IMO:

God of War games (all of them)

All the games from Naughty Dog (Uncharted, Last of Us etc)

Journey

Skyrim

Dead Nation

Dishonored

Dragon Age Origins

Dragons Dogma

Dragons Crown

Infamous 2

Limbo

Nier

Ni no Kuni

Ratchet & Clank collection

Sly Cooper collection

Shatter

Sine Mora

Walking Dead (Telltale)

Wipeout HD

Valkyria Chronicles

Not sure if some of the digital games above are on physical disc or not. I think Wipeout was released in the UK on disc.

• Like 1

I second the recomendation for Wipeout HD, it has been a very enjoyable experience for me. And yeah, if you want it on disc, track down a European version, you might even save a few bucks since it comes bundled with the Fury expansion.

For me, being introduced to the Assassin's Creed series has also been a lot of fun, not too challenging most of the time, but with enough cinematic flair and freeroaming fun as to be a fun expecience. And copies of the games are super common and likely very, very cheap. You average Gamestop will almost certainly have over a dozen, and seeing even more at flea markets and such is to be expected.

I also derived a LOT of enjoyment from trying out Saints Row IV, and do want to get my own copy of those games as soon as possible.

Edited by Agamemnon2

Shatter?! What's this!>?

lol...

Unfortunately its a digital only game but it was a VERY cool Arkanoid\Breakout clone with a fantastic modern retro soundtrack that appeared on PSN about 7 years ago. It came out later on Steam so you can find it there too.

Very cool and I beat it multiple times since its not that long, soundtrack like I said is very catchy....a must play (with headphones on) IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video. I'll check out the hidden gems videos later.

I didn't know you had a Pokemon one. My daughter will want to check that out.

Another game that I did like was Tales of Graces F. Is is a port of a Wii game I believe, but I think the PS3 version is the only one that came to the states. This is one of the few that I have finished. I am sucker for most Tales games, but I never seem to finish most of them.

Replaying the Last of Us on the PS 4 will be worth your time, especially if a lot of time has passed since your first play through.

Like you, I was pretty happy with the PS2, and the 360 kept me going for a long time. The PS3 was the last console I got from that generation, but it is the one I ended up spending most of my time on in the end, especially once some of the more niche jrpg games started appearing.

Strangely enough, my second system is a 20 gig BC model. Picked it up for around $85, so it was worth a risk. It is in a well ventilated area and sits on a metal cake pan that is upside down. I did something like that with my original 360. Instant heat sink. So far so good....

Edited by cybercylon
  • Like 1

This: Ni no Kuni

​One of my favorites for the console.

Were the bugs ever fixed for Skyrim for the PS3?

Yeah its pretty much patched up and done.

I got the final legendary edition or whatever its called so everything is patched and on disk. It plays well, even better with an SSD installed. As a test I took a spare PS3 and put a small 120GB SSD in it and tried Skyrim and a few other games on it and it shaved load times and install times in some cases by half.

I also picked up a newer model slim PS3 about a year ago when one of my fats died. That model had no drive in it and I bought another SSD and stuck it in there (along with a hard drive tray since it needs one).

Its now my primary since its very cool, small and uses a sliding cover for the CD. Hoping it lasts a long while.

Someday I want to re-play The Last of Us, loved that game....as well as play Journey which I'm guilty of not playing yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Someday I want to re-play The Last of Us, loved that game....as well as play Journey which I'm guilty of not playing yet.

The PS4 has the updated version of The Last of Us...so I plan on replaying it there... I guess you have an option for 60 FPS or the original 30 with better textures, etc...

The PS4 has the updated version of The Last of Us...so I plan on replaying it there... I guess you have an option for 60 FPS or the original 30 with better textures, etc...

Definitely the PS4 version. I also read just a few days ago that with new game plus you get to keep everything you finished the game with so you can pretty much max everything out the second time through as well as find missing collectibles etc. Uncharted 4 is coming soon still need to replay all three of those before I play 4. The second and third games (especially the second) were unbelievable.

• Like 1

Killzone 3 multiplayer still fills up on the weekends.

It has decent 3d if you have a 3d TV. The move rifle is a fun option too.

Run and gun style is best with the thumbsticks, sniper fire is very smooth with the move rifle.

It's a fun shooter, even if it is a little generic.