IGNORED

whatch out Bootlegs!

coleco_master

Did the seller change his name? I don't remember it being tkat5200atariage last time I looked at the auctions. Is he a member here?

He changed his name from konus37.

He was a member here but was banned due to his unacceptable behaviour towards the community and AA.

It's strange. I'd actually seen a "Juice Box Audio" module some months ago on eBay, but didn't really think much of it. I'd figured it was just a bootleg version of the SGM on first glance, based on what little I'd read. Now I come and read this, and find out that not only was it exactly that, but he's been selling bootleg carts and profiting of other people's hard work, too? Wow.

konus37 was indeed the original eBay name used by this idiot and he purposely changed it to tkat5200atariage in order to mess with the real AtariAge member tkat5200... so don't fall for his devious games.

And this, too? Jeez... Though, as a sidenote, I find it kind of funny he calls someone who'd bought one of his shameless products an "AtariAge Goon" when he's already put "atariage" in his own name.

Looks like he has a bootleg of OpCode's Pac-Man Collection listed, now. I'd heard about how bad the carts looked further back in the thread, but never actually saw one. It looks like crap. Having just bought a legit copy from eBay a while back (yellow cartridge, even!) and marveled at the level of care and quality of the box, label, and cart itself, the difference is night and day. Seventy bucks is the asking price, too. Will report, since it seems like the only thing I can do... :/

• 4 months later...

So, is this the reason why I cannot find rom files on the CollectorVision site? I just bought an AtariMax and I read someplace else that rom files were available directly from the Collectorvision site. Either they are really well-hidden, or that is not the case anymore?