IGNORED

Interest Check: Boxes for unreleased Coleco games [lots of pics]

Awesome! I'm first in line for these great looking five dollar boxes you're going to make, and I'm sure many others would be right behind me. When will you be releasing them? Which games are you going to do? Are you going to do cool vapourware titles or are you going to do some updates or Super Pro versions? Either way, I can't wait to buy all of these budget friendly boxes YOU are going to make and sell for $5. :)

Do you not understand the difference between "I am" and "I would"? I said that "I would" charge $5 per box, meaning that's what I would charge IF I was selling boxes. I never said I was going to sell any.

Do you not understand the difference between "I am" and "I would"? I said that "I would" charge $5 per box, meaning that's what I would charge IF I was selling boxes. I never said I was going to sell any.

What I do understand is that you consistently criticize projects that some of the fine folks here on AA put a lot of time, effort and money into getting off the ground. Marc does a great job on boxes for not just Inty, but the 2600, 7800 and CV amongst other consoles and I'm certain he's not getting rich doing it.

If you think good quality boxes can be made and sold for $5 each shipped then I really think you should do so. If not then I don't see the value in you criticizing these products that no one is forcing you to buy because they don't meet the price or time frame that you desire. Many of us are happy to support the efforts of these folks and are thrilled that they are taking time out from their busy RL to create cool new things for our favourite console. YMMV

• Like 2

What I do understand is that you consistently criticize projects that some of the fine folks here on AA put a lot of time, effort and money into getting off the ground. Marc does a great job on boxes for not just Inty, but the 2600, 7800 and CV amongst other consoles and I'm certain he's not getting rich doing it.

If you think good quality boxes can be made and sold for $5 each shipped then I really think you should do so. If not then I don't see the value in you criticizing these products that no one is forcing you to buy because they don't meet the price or time frame that you desire. Many of us are happy to support the efforts of these folks and are thrilled that they are taking time out from their busy RL to create cool new things for our favourite console. YMMV

1. I wasn't "criticizing" the product. It was the cost.

2. I would even call it "criticizing." I call it voicing my opinion. Is that not what a public forum is for?

$5 for a box? Where's that emoticon of a face almost passing out due to lack of oxygen, from laughing so uncontrollably hard?

You're joking, right? $5? Where the hell can you get small print runs of custom boxes done for anywhere close to $5 a piece? Please, I'd like to know, as that's between 1/2 and 1/3 of what these things actually cost to produce.

• Like 1

1. I wasn't "criticizing" the product. It was the cost.

2. I would even call it "criticizing." I call it voicing my opinion. Is that not what a public forum is for?

Well if you think that well made boxes can be produced and shipped for $5 each while still making a tiny margin (if at all) for the producer then I'd say yours is not a well informed opinion. That's either incredibly naive or unrealistic of you and it comes across not as helpful feedback but rather as you shitting on the work that Marc is doing. Just sayin.

• Like 1

$5 for a box? Where's that emoticon of a face almost passing out due to lack of oxygen, from laughing so uncontrollably hard?

You're joking, right? $5? Where the hell can you get small print runs of custom boxes done for anywhere close to $5 a piece? Please, I'd like to know, as that's between 1/2 and 1/3 of what these things actually cost to produce.

I don't know. I was wrong. I am sorry. Just hang me on a cross and get it over with. :(

Well if you think that well made boxes can be produced and shipped for $5 each while still making a tiny margin (if at all) for the producer then I'd say yours is not a well informed opinion. That's either incredibly naive or unrealistic of you and it comes across not as helpful feedback but rather as you shitting on the work that Marc is doing. Just sayin.

It was off the top of my head. I didn't research it. I am sorry.

If you bought 1000 boxes, maybe you could hit the $5.00 cost mark. Selling 1000 boxes would be tough. There were two reasons Piggy Bank did not have a box. 1: Not enough time. 2: Added cost for a $30 PRGE release.

No one is required to buy anything to share in the fun on this forum.