IGNORED

Opcode Games Signs Exclusive Distribution Agreement With AtariAge

opcode

Great idea on the opcode - atariage collaboration :)

I am curious, I see that penguin adventure and gradius are already showing in the atariage store. I was 1 of those that preordered all 3 deluxe games. I have not recieved any link to order the games thru atariage.

I should wait to receive a link to place my orders thru atariage, correct?

I take it you have not yet emailed us those links yet?

Thanks!

Great idea on the opcode - atariage collaboration :)

I am curious, I see that penguin adventure and gradius are already showing in the atariage store. I was 1 of those that preordered all 3 deluxe games. I have not recieved any link to order the games thru atariage.

I should wait to receive a link to place my orders thru atariage, correct?

I take it you have not yet emailed us those links yet?

Thanks!

Here is how it is going to work for those who pre-ordered the special editions:

1) In case you have got a refund: you just need to go the AtariAge Store and pre-order the game again. All original pre-orders will receive a special edition copy.

2) In case you haven't got a refund yet: there is nothing you need to do right now. Eventually you will get your refund, then you just need to pre-order again from the AtariAge store. We know who the original pre-orders are, and will ship special editions to all original pre-orders who pre-order again from AtariAge.

• Like 3

I've been trying to pre-order via the AtariAge Store but I keep getting a shipping estimate error:

Errors were reported while trying to calculate your shipping rate. Please contact us if they persist.
USPS_INT: Invalid options requested for this revision of International Rate V2.

I'm in Canada.

Albert, is this a problem at my end or yours?

Thanks for the info Eduardo!

So we don't need a link, just go place preorders for the 2 games.

And for the 3rd game we wait for further information later?

For the 3rd game we wait, because we don't want to have pre-orders too much in advance with AtariAge. But once it is up, we will apply the same rules.

BTW, discussed about the Special Editions with Grazi, we will make them a little more special, as a way to thank you guys who pre-ordered back in January and went through the PayPal mess with us. And that should lead to something even more special we have planned down the road. :)

• Like 4

I've been trying to pre-order via the AtariAge Store but I keep getting a shipping estimate error:

Errors were reported while trying to calculate your shipping rate. Please contact us if they persist.USPS_INT: Invalid options requested for this revision of International Rate V2.

I'm in Canada.

Albert, is this a problem at my end or yours?

I informed Albert earlier, he'll look into it in a few hours

1) In case you have got a refund: you just need to go the AtariAge Store and pre-order the game again. All original pre-orders will receive a special edition copy.

2) In case you haven't got a refund yet: there is nothing you need to do right now. Eventually you will get your refund, then you just need to pre-order again from the AtariAge store. We know who the original pre-orders are, and will ship special editions to all original pre-orders who pre-order again from AtariAge.

Ok, I pre-ordered both games. and I was one of the Original pre-orders

And is the opcode site down?

Eduardo you will keep track of the quantity we ordered as well? I want to make sure I can pick up the same number of each copy that I preordered originally, the AtariAge store will allow for that as well?

For the 3rd game we wait, because we don't want to have pre-orders too much in advance with AtariAge. But once it is up, we will apply the same rules.

BTW, discussed about the Special Editions with Grazi, we will make them a little more special, as a way to thank you guys who pre-ordered back in January and went through the PayPal mess with us. And that should lead to something even more special we have planned down the road. :)

Thank you both for that, I'm glad to see you looking out for us.

Question for Albert- If I order these preorder titles and decide to add some other games to my cart do you ship them separately for the items that are already in stock? Or is everything held until everything is in the store? I don't think I have ever preordered anything from AA before, only titles that were alredy in stock.

Ok, I pre-ordered both games. and I was one of the Original pre-orders

And is the opcode site is down?

Indeed. Checking that. I assume the host is offline. Should be back soon.

Eduardo you will keep track of the quantity we ordered as well? I want to make sure I can pick up the same number of each copy that I preordered originally, the AtariAge store will allow for that as well?

Yes, we will keep track of the original quantities.

• Like 1

Thanks Eduardo,

I just preorder both games in the AA store.

To those that get that error message when ordering, I got it but after I did not check the box for billing address and shipping address are the same, then the order would go thru.

Maybe a coincidence but this worked for me ;)

To those that get that error message when ordering, I got it but after I did not check the box for billing address and shipping address are the same, then the order would go thru.

Maybe a coincidence but this worked for me ;)

I just tried again and got the error regardless of checking the billing/shipping address box.

Hey guys, sorry for those who are having problems with shipping. I'm assuming it is just those living outside the US. I have seen this before, I am not a big fan of the current store software due to issues like this, and I will be moving the store to completely new software soon. I have had to troubleshoot the shipping calculator in the past. Every year the USPS changes something that ends up breaking every store on the internet (these changes always coincide with rate changes, usually in January). And they don't often give advance notice as to how they are going to change their API. They are just terrible.

So, I will need to read the latest documentation and look at the errors being returned and fix the parameters being sent to the USPS servers until it works right. To do that, I will need anyone who is having issues to please send me your shipping address via PM, so I can use those addresses for testing.

Thanks!

..Al

• Like 1

Not real happy I had to read this here instead of getting an email with instructions. I don't always read every single AtariAge message and very well could have missed the re-order instructions.

Not real happy I had to read this here instead of getting an email with instructions. I don't always read every single AtariAge message and very well could have missed the re-order instructions.

Hi Joe,

Grazi and I spent the day yesterday creating a SGM page for the new Opcode website (something many of you have been requesting for a while) and writing the March newsletter, which includes instructions on how to pay for the pre-order, a FAQ, etc. We managed to put the SGM page online late in the evening (btw, for some reason our website went offline during most of evening and we had to work with support to get it back online), but we thought it was already a little late to send the newsletter.

Now please understand that this isn't a critical sort of thing were you have a tight deadline otherwise you lose your preorder. We have moved the games release to July for the reasons we explained in one of our original post, which means that you can pay for your original pre-order from now until July, which is almost 6 months. That is plenty of time to make sure all original pre-orders are aware of the new distributor and process.

Finally, please understand that while we sincerely apologize for the mess that was the original pre-order, it was something totally beyond our control. PayPal put the limitation in our account, which means we couldn't use any of the money to pay for supplier or anything, so we had no option but to refund. It was a major nightmare for us after such a success pre-order, and we spent most of the past couple of months working to get a solution in place.We chose AtariAge because we thought it would be the best solution for everybody, and because we didn't want a quick fix for the problem. Now with Grazi, we are taking Opcode Games very seriously, and we are working hard to offer all ColecoVision fans the best possible gaming and shopping experience we can. We again apologize if there were some bumps along the way.

No real problem...In any case, I have re-ordered through AtariAge...and I totally understand about all the problems and delays.

Hi Joe,

Grazi and I spent the day yesterday creating a SGM page for the new Opcode website (something many of you have been requesting for a while) and writing the March newsletter, which includes instructions on how to pay for the pre-order, a FAQ, etc. We managed to put the SGM page online late in the evening (btw, for some reason our website went offline during most of evening and we had to work with support to get it back online), but we thought it was already a little late to send the newsletter.

Now please understand that this isn't a critical sort of thing were you have a tight deadline otherwise you lose your preorder. We have moved the games release to July for the reasons we explained in one of our original post, which means that you can pay for your original pre-order from now until July, which is almost 6 months. That is plenty of time to make sure all original pre-orders are aware of the new distributor and process.

Finally, please understand that while we sincerely apologize for the mess that was the original pre-order, it was something totally beyond our control. PayPal put the limitation in our account, which means we couldn't use any of the money to pay for supplier or anything, so we had no option but to refund. It was a major nightmare for us after such a success pre-order, and we spent most of the past couple of months working to get a solution in place.We chose AtariAge because we thought it would be the best solution for everybody, and because we didn't want a quick fix for the problem. Now with Grazi, we are taking Opcode Games very seriously, and we are working hard to offer all ColecoVision fans the best possible gaming and shopping experience we can. We again apologize if there were some bumps along the way.

• Like 1

will the games always aviable or they will be sold out as all the others colecovision games?

since you will release games on a regular base can you order like 5 or 10 previous games box with the new game release... that way the game will always be aviable for new commers