IGNORED

Wie woont er in nederland / who lives in the netherlands

Hello tzeb,

Nice to hear from you, question do you sometime come in in a commodore user club near Utrecht? They all so do msx,atari.

Hi Marco,

No, not visited a user club in the recent years. I used to go to the Lopik user club but that was in the 80s.

Now I'm living somewhere between Amsterdam and Utrecht. IIRC in 2003 and/or 2004 I visited 2 RETRO meetings.

In Maarssen there was a general 8-bit retro meeting, and there I proposed my idea to make a connection of 8 SID cards and also showed my A8 with double GTIA + double ANTIC. At the time I thought the GTIA output was analogue, and a double GTIA was an "ANAlogue MUltipleXer" in theory. But doing some tests I realized that in fact it's only digital, to send colour pulses. The easiest combination was the colours from GTIA1 and the luminances GTIA2.

Near the NS station "Dordrecht Zuid" there was a meeting especially for 8-bit and 16-bit ATARI machines. It was international. I remember Bob!k/CPU and krupkaj.

• Like 1

@analmux : the last years there are always some Atari 8-bitters at Maarssen. I think Mr.Atari started to visit regularly and others joined later.

You will also find some of us at retro fairs. The next one is march 20th at Apeldoorn:

http://www.spelcomputermuseum.nl/?page=events&subpage=shows

And there is Awesome Retro having their really nice location Awesome Space in Utrecht :

http://awesomespace.nl

I have been to Maarssen two times and was planning on going there for the Atari Invasion but a private issue came up. I had planned to do an (official) World Record try on Donkey Kong there....

Well this can still happen another time :)

To be totally honest: i'd love to see a full Atari only meeting in The Netherlands. Maarssen is awesome too though, it's a great "old-school" atmosphere, but a separate (one off ?) meeting would be great.

I'm not organizing anything though, I deliberately took a break from Eurocade this year so I'm not looking to replace that with anything else....sorry ;)

Yes, Level 42 is still my favorite band. Can't wait to see them again in November this year (twice...... :D). Sadly I'm too late for North Sea Jazz tickets....but I'm drifting off..... :D

I'm not into ML programming sorry....I wish I had the time.....

Edited by Level42

Now I'm living somewhere between Amsterdam and Utrecht. IIRC in 2003 and/or 2004 I visited 2 RETRO meetings.

In Maarssen there was a general 8-bit retro meeting, and there I proposed my idea to make a connection of 8 SID cards and also showed my A8 with double GTIA + double ANTIC. At the time I thought the GTIA output was analogue, and a double GTIA was an "ANAlogue MUltipleXer" in theory. But doing some tests I realized that in fact it's only digital, to send colour pulses. The easiest combination was the colours from GTIA1 and the luminances GTIA2.

Near the NS station "Dordrecht Zuid" there was a meeting especially for 8-bit and 16-bit ATARI machines. It was international. I remember Bob!k/CPU and krupkaj.

Hello analmux,

Wow two gtia and antic it looks like 2x 3dfx voodoo card 1 for h and 1 for l instead hl :) but i have heart about it nice work are there some schematics draws about it?

Gr. Marco

I have been to Maarssen two times and was planning on going there for the Atari Invasion but a private issue came up. I had planned to do an (official) World Record try on Donkey Kong there....

Well this can still happen another time :)

To be totally honest: i'd love to see a full Atari only meeting in The Netherlands. Maarssen is awesome too though, it's a great "old-school" atmosphere, but a separate (one off ?) meeting would be great.

I'm not organizing anything though, I deliberately took a break from Eurocade this year so I'm not looking to replace that with anything else....sorry ;)

Yes, Level 42 is still my favorite band. Can't wait to see them again in November this year (twice...... :D). Sadly I'm too late for North Sea Jazz tickets....but I'm drifting off..... :D

I'm not into ML programming sorry....I wish I had the time.....

Thnxxxx lvl42 for your information.

Do you now atari users from the past in Ridderkerk? i had round 1987-1992 a atari friend, we did over the postal software floppy exchange.

Gr.

Marco

Wow two gtia and antic it looks like 2x 3dfx voodoo card 1 for h and 1 for l instead hl :) but i have heart about it nice work are there some schematics draws about it?

No, I threw it into the waste container and deleted the pictures. :sad:

The print model was just designed by hand, so it wasn't optimized by far.

But in fact ANTIC2 & GTIA2 also had its own memory with 64 kB. It didn't interfere with the main data line, but it was possible to copy the hue information into the second RAM. Then it was possible to show f.e. the following picture, but this time really without any flickering or interlace:

post-3860-0-42132900-1457281450_thumb.jpg

Here you can find the original:

http://demozoo.org/graphics/62176/

No, I threw it into the waste container and deleted the pictures. :sad:The print model was just designed by hand, so it wasn't optimized by far.But in fact ANTIC2 & GTIA2 also had its own memory with 64 kB. It didn't interfere with the main data line, but it was possible to copy the hue information into the second RAM. Then it was possible to show f.e. the following picture, but this time really without any flickering or interlace:attachicon.gifAltar.jpgHere you can find the original:http://demozoo.org/graphics/62176/

Wow that look great.

Gr.

Marco

A meeting in NL would be nice, but hard to get it organized.

I did organize many meetings in the past first with BRAC an Atari club from Breda (Don't know if it still excists) later we did organize a NL meetings in Dordrecht.

It was very hard to get people to really come to a meeting in the first place, lot's of people show interest but nothing more then that. In the day's when I was single I did go to many meetings in Europe atleast 1 meetings a month, I have traveled with Fox-1 to UK, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Czech republic.

I must say when I moved and got maried and have kids the traveling wasn't that easy anymore. More people have the same when getting older, getting settled and have a family life priority's change ;-)

These days I plan ABBUC and E-jagfest as two meetings I will attend. I think it would be great if peope can come to ABBUC JHV and maybe post here when they come, maybe this year we can have a nice dutch delegation. Bring some Atari's and have fun. At the end of the meeting there is a social dinner you can join, and when you want we can go to a pub nearby and talk there about Atari and stuff for more hours :-)

E-jagfest, is a yearly 2 day event, this event was an Atari Jaguar event at first, but there are a lot of lynx and Atari 8-bit users aswell. I think I gonna bring my 8-bit gear this year aswell...

So there are nice meetings you can attend. C-ya there for all that are interested.

Last but not least, ABBUC is still around as the biggest Atari 8-bit club in the world, when you want to support the 8-bit for a few euro's I would say get a membership. In return you get a nice magazine with disk a few times a year.

IIRC the ABBUC JHV meeting is in Herten (Deutschland), and it is close to the NL/DE border (Nijmegen / Arnhem).

I'd like to go there soon. I'd like to combine it with a vacation.

And it's especially for 8-bit Atari home computers!

Edited by analmux

Another meetings:

(1) There are several ABBUC meetings in Keulen (Köln) area.

(2) The ABBUC classic computing happens in Nordhorn.

http://www.abbuc.de/news-feeds-component/events/icalrepeat.detail/2016/09/17/141/-/classic-computing-2016

See date 17.09.2016 and 18.09.2016. Nordhorn is only 5km from the border. Even public transport is easy: there's a direct bus connection between Oldenzaal (NL) and Nordhorn (DE).

• Like 1

Another meetings:(1) There are several ABBUC meetings in Keulen (Köln) area.(2) The ABBUC classic computing happens in Nordhorn.http://www.abbuc.de/news-feeds-component/events/icalrepeat.detail/2016/09/17/141/-/classic-computing-2016See date 17.09.2016 and 18.09.2016. Nordhorn is only 5km from the border. Even public transport is easy: there's a direct bus connection between Oldenzaal (NL) and Nordhorn (DE).

Err... Arghhh!!!! Röchel....

http://www.classic-computing.org/veranstaltungen/classic-computing-2016/

You are invited to join our party! Yes, the ABBUC will also come.

But it isn't an abbuc meeting at all;-)

Stefan

Post scriptum:

Sorry for capturing the thread!

For those living in the Netherlands, I appended our event portfolio

in dutch language. The english one is also avaiable here in the forum.

(see events)Event portfolio NL 2016.pdf

Edited by Stefan Both
  • Like 1

Yes, I have downloaded the Dutch flyer. The Dutch translation is quite good, but it is very "German" Dutch. I can understand it, but in The Netherlands we write differently ;-)

But it is great to see that your group is trying to reach the Dutch retro users.

Edited by Fred_M

But it is great to see that your group is trying to reach the Dutch retro users.

Yes, it's a question of honor ;-) if you live next to the border.

And I' m surprised about the response.

If I keep in mind, we have no members in the netherlands,

there're already a lot dutch exhibitors on the Classic-Computing.

Stefan

Yes, it's a question of honor ;-) if you live next to the border.

And I' m surprised about the response.

If I keep in mind, we have no members in the netherlands,

there're already a lot dutch exhibitors on the Classic-Computing.

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

That's great to hear. I will check if I have time (family time) :).

Greetings,

Marco

• 2 weeks later...