IGNORED

Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai works with PC?

So I plugged my RAP 4 Kai (PS3,PS4) into my PC today, and to my surprise, it downloaded drivers for it. It's properly recognized by windows, and works with most of my games. The strange part is, there is no mention of this feature in the manual, on the box, or even the official website. What's up with that? Hidden feature, leftover debug, or just something they forgot to mention?

pXA46f.jpg

Aw8cOo.png

TZizML.png

Edited by Skullmeat
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

@Skullmeat

hey buddy. i just got this very stick (the ps3/4/pc version) and am trying to use it on win7 64bit. after taking it out of box, perusing the install guide, i moved switch to pc and plugged it into a usb port on pc hub. (also turned stick on - has power) instantly the drivers were auto installed. great. the device is seen for what it is just like in your pictures.

here is mine;

FHGBeM0.png

ok great. so there is no question if the system can see the device. it can, obviously. however, testing (as per the above pictured test tab) does nothing. none of the buttons or anything works. if i go to the settings tab on the right of the picture and run the calibration, nothing happens there either. the first one says " leave joystick alone and press one button. i do and it doesn't register."

soooo... we know the device is seen and registered for what it is, but for some reason, hopefully something simple, it's not "usable". do you have any ideas? please advise! thanks,

oh wow, no editing of "old" posts allowed? (above!)

my issue is solved;

If Assign Indicator "green LED" is ON, reset all buttons to factory default:
- Turn Assign Mode "A-ON".
- Press the PS button.
- Turn Assign Mode “A-OFF”.

i had the assign mode on, thinking it was the "ON" button. i mean it kinda made sense. when i first plugged it in, there were no lights on at all. didn't know that was how it was meant to be. (i mean yeah, usb gives it power sure, but since it a big stick i assumed a light would always be on when plugged in to indicate it's status) i look on the side and see an "a-on" and assume it's supposed to be on. i switch it on, and sure enough, a green led turns on at the top right corner. now i assume i did what i meant to and try using it. no bueno. a few days later, after no replies here, i look around more (and i looked plenty before) and read this and bam. it hits me that my a-on is on, and..... the end..

so again; why no editing after a short time allowed?

Edited by happy_joe

• 5 weeks later...

I recently picked up this exact arcade stick and was instantly disappointed by the feel of the joystick. After reading up on this model I discovered this was because of the square gate that Hori used in its design. There is an octogonal replacement gate available that I am very tempted to get so I was wondering if anyone here has done this mod and has any feedback on it. Apparently it gives the controller a much more arcade accurate feel. I don’t play a lot of fighters but I was hoping to have a more authentic arcade experience when playing classics like Pac-Man. But as it is, this Hori stick controls horribly with the current square gate installed. And trying to play classic arcade games with the stock DualShock 4 is a VERY underwhelming experience! So if anybody here has any input on this then I would really like to read your comments.

Personally I love Hori's RAP line this gen. I have both the 4 for PS4 and the 5 for Xbox One. Good for fighters, good for action games, good for shoot 'em ups. Solid, wide base, comfortable to use.

The sticks and buttons are a preference thing. I like the sticks and buttons but do plan on swapping out both on at least one of my models just to get a feel for other parts. Some people tell me some of the Seimitsu sticks are better for shooters (the genre I use the sticks for the most).

Swapping out the parts is easy. The buttons are quick-connect style so there is no soldering involved. The sticks should have a simple connector so there shouldn't be any soldering needed there either. The only sticks I have seen that won't fit are the Happ competition sticks. Just about any Japanese stick should fit fine based on the various YouTube videos I have checked out.

Regarding games like Ms. Pac-Man, no modern stick is going to work well with four-way games like that. It just is what it is.

Regarding games like Ms. Pac-Man, no modern stick is going to work well with four-way games like that. It just is what it is.

I have a couple Hori V3-SA’s that were released for the PS3. The Sanwa stick that it comes with can easily be switched between 4-way and 8-way once you open it up. I use these with an Undamned USB adapter with my Supergun, so I keep one permanently on 4-way mode for games like Pac-Man and Tetris. Took me awhile to find a stick that worked this way.