IGNORED

A 'Handy' guide to the Atari Lynx

BadPricey

Hi everyone,

I've been working on this on and off and feel its at a stage where I can share the first edition with you. I am trying to create a Lynx guide/pdf that contains all the information a Lynx owner needs. I have been collecting bits and pieces of information that I find on the web relating to the Lynx and I'd like to see it all in one place. There's still lots of work to be done on it and I'd like as many people as possible help contribute as much information as they have/know to make it great. With mobiles and tablets a pdf seems a logical choice, its 'Handy' and readily available to everyone. I've done my best to clean up the Lynx boxes and enhance some of the colour. I know the size is slightly different but it doesnt look too bad on mobile.

I've even left in the grammer error from the article on NOWGamer, I think I know how to edit it correctly so may do so in a future update.

Please contribute and feedback your thoughts. Link below its currently 33Mb!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Izm8L55uyReGU5M2R4a1FsclE/view?usp=sharing

Please comment on here if you download it, just so I can get an idea of how many people are interested.

I hope you enjoy it so far.

Rgds

BadPricey

Edited by BadPricey
  • Like 10

Thanks for all the kind comments so far. This will be a fairly slow project, but I aim to keep working on it.

I'm not selling it, it's my free contribution to the Lynx community. I am using a lot of images and text that are littered around the internet, so by offering it for free whilst crediting them I don't think that's too bad.

Thanks for the support so far.

Rgds

BadPricey

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

It's been a while but some minor update. Still lots to add but thought I'd share this with you.

My original was lost, my laptop went mad. Luckily I just had to repaste/copy everything over.

Its getting big now this is currently 88mb! I have to add a credits list to this yet( list is being compiled.)

Let me know your thoughts.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Izm8L55uyRTmJ4b2JncWtjZ2M

Rgds

BadPricey

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is nice. 2 suggestions for making it better:

- Black text on the grey Lynx textured background is difficult to read. Lose the textured background, as it makes the document look like a Geocities website.

- The old Robert Jung Lynx FAQ and game reviews were great -- he played and reviewed every commercially available game. The links in the AtariAge Lynx section go to his Electric Escape page, but he content is gone. Preserving them would be nice. I think you can still grab them from GameFaqs.