IGNORED

More Coleco Chameleon backstory: Interview with former friend of Kennedy's

shouldn't you post this in the megathread?

Is the megathread the one labeled "Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?" Because, uh, this interview has nothing to do with hardware speculations... it's just an oral history sort of thing.

But sure, if that's indeed the megathread, my bad. I understand it's a topic that we don't need spammed around more than we have to. :-D

*poof*

Edited by NintendoLegend
  • Like 1

Other names for the MegaThread.

Coleco Chameleon: The Great Deluge

Karma Karma Karma, Karma Chameleon

50 Shades of Green

Chameleon at the Grassy Knoll

The Magic Prototype

Is the megathread the one labeled "Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?" Because, uh, this interview has nothing to do with hardware speculations... it's just an oral history sort of thing.

But sure, if that's indeed the megathread, my bad. I understand it's a topic that we don't need spammed around more than we have to. :-D

*poof*

• Like 2

Other names for the MegaThread.

Coleco Chameleon: The Great Deluge

Karma Karma Karma, Karma Chameleon

50 Shades of Green

Chameleon at the Grassy Knoll

The Magic Prototype

You forgot "Completely Worn-Out Bullshit That is Beyond Stale".

Edited by TPA5
  • Like 2

Before the CC and RVGS, I would have taken a more critical ear to this interview. It sounds like a lot of sour grapes were pressed here. However, given what we have learned about the proprietor of Retro, nothing I heard surprised me.

Ripping off writers is pretty petty. If you are freelance and article gets accepted, you get a check. If you are a staff writer, you get a check every week. If none of these writers have taken him to court it is probably because it is inconvenient to sue when he is in California and you are in, say, New Jersey.

The decline in quality of the articles, the quality of the paper, the increasing amount of coverage given to retro-style games instead of true retro games all speak to a desperate desire for money. Did he need that much money to buy the Jaguar molds? He sure as hell did not spend it on the Retro VGS and Coleco Chameleon campaigns developing prototypes.

If MK makes out a call for new Retro Magazine contributors, I think fewer people who can write and have the knowledge to write about retro video games will be responding. I doubt there will be a Retro Year 3 at this point.

MK seems to have all the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder with traits of anti-personality disorder:

• Indifference to the feelings of others or the consequences of his actions,
  • Constant need to be in the spotlight,
  • Desire to be respected and recognized by all other members in the community,
  • Inability to accept criticism or genuinely apologize,
  • Promotion of ideas that have no basis in reality,
  • Exploitation others for his own benefit,
  • Possesses an overarching need to define his peerless place in the community,
  • Feeling of entitlement to support based on his modest accomplishments and magnification those accomplishments,
  • Exhibition of superficiality in interactions with other people,
  • Believes himself to be infallible,
  • Condemns people who hold opposing views regardless of the merit of those views
Edited by Great Hierophant

I'm more interested in objective facts, such as who did what and when.

Subjective opinions about people? Not so useful. Especially when practicing amateur psychoanalysis. That sort of thing is probably better suited to a private blog post elsewhere. The moderators here are getting impatient with personal attacks against individuals involved with this.

Hi.

I'm not sure if we're tired of Chameleon stuff yet, but I did a fun little interview with Steve Tom Sawyer, who was on the ground floor for projects like RETRO Magazine... and the Retro VGS.

He has some stories to tell -- https://youtu.be/Vl754JuG1vw

great interview Eric, was very informative. Watched the video before iw ent to bed last nght, good stuff.