IGNORED

Atari Jaguar & Jag-Ware merch in Museum

Serblander

I was sorting through last years expo photos and thought i'd share these.

Pics are of some Atari Jaguar and Jag-Ware items that we set up in the Interactive History Museum at EB Expo 2015 (Sydney, Australia) as part of our retro area. I wanted to have one museum section highlighting gaming merchandise and show off some Totally Rad Atari Jag-Ware items! :-D

post-4088-0-92195000-1457096161_thumb.jpg

post-4088-0-81924400-1457096208_thumb.jpg

post-4088-0-28475900-1457096240_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

I like that the Jaguar is top shelf. Gotta elevate it above those lame 16-bit consoles.

Hehe, I specifically chose that particular set-up for two reasons:

1) Display the Jaguar on a top shelf of a cabinet in order to be clearly seen & help promote it in a land where it saw no release.

2) I made sure to display the best Mega Drive/Genesis & SNES games at the bottom so that everyone who wanted to see the popular games they had to kneel before the Atari altar of the Jaguar! :evil:

• Like 4

Nice. I wouldn't mind coming along to this expo (keep me in the loop as to when and where, I might even be able to help) as I definitely can't attend PAX Australia this year :( What is the date of the EB event?

I have plenty of Jag stuff that I could contribute to a display, but not too much Jag-Ware merch. I might have to remedy that, lol.

Nice. I wouldn't mind coming along to this expo (keep me in the loop as to when and where, I might even be able to help) as I definitely can't attend PAX Australia this year :( What is the date of the EB event?

I have plenty of Jag stuff that I could contribute to a display, but not too much Jag-Ware merch. I might have to remedy that, lol.

Hi skip! This year's EB Expo will be in Sydney once gain. The dates are set at Friday 30th September to Sunday 2nd October. Not sure if we'll have a retro museum this year though. I was the one to propose the museum at my initial meeting with them prior to EBX 2013 but it only materialized last year. In any case, thanks for the Jag offerings but in that regard i've got everything Jaguar that's official release CIB (and then some) plus, and more importantly, EB pay for it's transport and insurance ;)

Spewing to hear you won't be at PAX AUS this year! I'm going to miss our Annual catch-ups. :(

• Like 1

Hi skip! This year's EB Expo will be in Sydney once gain. The dates are set at Friday 30th September to Sunday 2nd October. Not sure if we'll have a retro museum this year though. I was the one to propose the museum at my initial meeting with them prior to EBX 2013 but it only materialized last year. In any case, thanks for the Jag offerings but in that regard i've got everything Jaguar that's official release CIB (and then some) plus, and more importantly, EB pay for it's transport and insurance ;)

Spewing to hear you won't be at PAX AUS this year! I'm going to miss our Annual catch-ups. :(

Think I need to plan my next trip to Oz to coincide with one of these shows :) unfortunately it's gonna be a couple of years before I can afford to go again. Can't beat people watching at the opera house bar
  • Like 1

Serby: keep me in the loop re: EB. I'll try to find an excuse to attend ;) I was in Melbourne last weekend but didn't really catch up with anyone except for the chiptune / demo crew @ Square Sounds.

Gaztee: not having gone to EB Expo, but have helped run aspects of similar other 'large' events in my home town as well as assisting @ PAX, I can legitimately attest to PAX Australia (in Melbourne around the beginning-ish of November) being the best of its breed. Plus, there's the nights out. All night, every night. Rinse and repeat ;)

Edited by skip