IGNORED

Games that destroy friendships

KWKBOX

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 2002 when I was still living with my mom, my brother had his friends over one time and we decided to play my NES. We chose the game Gauntlet 2 . They wanted to prove there's an actual ending to the game and I was like "Hell no,there's no ending to that!!!". They kept disagreeing with me and wanted to prove there's an ending to that game. After literally 8+ hours of playing that game non-stop(I had already given up by level 52 )they still wanted to prove to me there's an ending. I wanted to watch some X-FIles at that point,and they wouldn't shut off the game after I told them I had enough,and told them I was worried my NES was heating up. So after it seemed they wouldn't listen to me,I just went behind the TV and pulled the AC Adapter out of the wall. They were on level 148 by that point,and when I shut it off there was just silence in the whole room,and everyone looking at me like why did you do that! lol

My brother's friends all went home a little pissed off I ended the game,but damnit it's my NES.

• Like 2

Back in 2002 when I was still living with my mom, my brother had his friends over one time and we decided to play my NES. We chose the game Gauntlet 2 . They wanted to prove there's an actual ending to the game and I was like "Hell no,there's no ending to that!!!"

If I'm not mistaken, Gauntlet was retrofitted with an actual quest and ending when ported to the NES. Maybe your brother and his friends confused that with Gauntlet II, or assumed if one did the second would also.

...They were on level 148 by that point,and when I shut it off there was just silence in the whole room,and everyone looking at me like why did you do that! lol

That would have been the perfect time to say, "Valkyrie needs X-Files badly!"

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I can understand the frustration of the woman, the guy was killing her continuously without giving her a chance.

I used to play Halo 3 for the thrill, until my friend got so good that he simply enjoyed hiding in some on the special points in the scenary and kill me whenever I showed my head.

It was so frustrating that I ceased to play the game, barely I had a chance to learn to defend myself.

But the positive point: I never have bought a xBox, although I've bought some xBox games :grin: because my friend used to lend me the xbox and we enjoyed some cooperative Gears of Wars 3, the 50 rounds resisting were definitely fun.

Depends on the context but here goes:

Board games: Monopoly, I'm too good at it and my sister will not play it with me

Video games: Mario Party if one of your friends (the person who owns the console) is good at it and everyone is awful at it

Also applies to fighting games like Smash Bros

MMORPG's: Trust me when I say this, but if are really friends with someone, you play the game together, and don't run ahead of each other. I've gone through at least 4 MMORPG's where friends I made in one, wanted to play something else for a while, but the person who was good at MMORPG 1, is also good at MMORPG 2 and has run circles around us by the second time we play that game. Repeat with 3 other games. Suffice it to say, if you want to enjoy a MMORPG, play it solo and just treat everyone you meet in it as a stranger.

That said, the only thing worse about destroying friendships with games, is destroying your employment opportunities with it. If you know your boss or co-worker plays a game, and is good at it, don't play it with them, don't even acknowledge that you know they play it. When WoW came out, it started destroying peoples social lives at the first place I worked at, and I had no idea what game they were playing but eventually I did figure it out and I made sure I steered clear from it because my boss also played it and would bring it up with some other employees.

The preference with party games (eg Monopoly, Mario Party, etc) is that they are supposed to be short games that you can complete in like 2 hours. People won't get too upset over it unless the same person always wins, and then people are no longer having fun.

• Like 1