IGNORED

Lobo for the SNES

badinsults

Lobo was supposed to be released in 1996 by Ocean, but ended up being canned. Probably because in 1996, the market for 16 bit games was diminishing, and that the game was pretty crap. Anyways, the SNES version of the game found its way out in the form of a bootleg last year. I got my hands on one and made an article about it:

http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0093

Two notable things: this version of the game is clearly not complete and the bootleg is also pretty poorly done. It is kind of sad that this is how unreleased games make it out there, because the people making these bootlegs are basically exploiting the community with their poorly made, high priced products. If you must play this game, go with the more complete Genesis version. Or better yet, don't bother and instead play something like Street Fighter II.

• Like 1

Lobo was supposed to be released in 1996 by Ocean, but ended up being canned. Probably because in 1996, the market for 16 bit games was diminishing, and that the game was pretty crap. Anyways, the SNES version of the game found its way out in the form of a bootleg last year. I got my hands on one and made an article about it:

http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0093

Two notable things: this version of the game is clearly not complete and the bootleg is also pretty poorly done. It is kind of sad that this is how unreleased games make it out there, because the people making these bootlegs are basically exploiting the community with their poorly made, high priced products. If you must play this game, go with the more complete Genesis version. Or better yet, don't bother and instead play something like Street Fighter II.

Your site is a wealth of great info. Thanks so much. Nice to see you on AtariAge as well :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lobo was supposed to be released in 1996 by Ocean, but ended up being canned. Probably because in 1996, the market for 16 bit games was diminishing, and that the game was pretty crap.

No, the real reason it was cancelled is because Lobo played it and caused a mess over it. No bad games for "the main man".