IGNORED

100 mb IDE

Milli V

I got the IDE package from ANN (thanks Bob!) and have a question. I am getting a lot of RF noise with it plugged in. Do I have to switch over to using composite video or add shielding?

IDE Completely installed:

post-44577-0-61748100-1457261893_thumb.jpg

No Power to IDE:

post-44577-0-87923500-1457261894_thumb.jpg

Removed from system:

post-44577-0-90058000-1457261895_thumb.jpg

I got the IDE package from ANN (thanks Bob!) and have a question. I am getting a lot of RF noise with it plugged in. Do I have to switch over to using composite video or add shielding?

IDE Completely installed:

attachicon.gifIMG_4557.JPG

No Power to IDE:

attachicon.gifIMG_4558.JPG

Removed from system:

attachicon.gifIMG_4559.JPG

Strange, we have never seen any problem with screen fuzz. The entire ide compact flash card system is internal to ADAM. Where is your power brick for the cf adapter placed? Maybe too close to the rca cable going to your monitor/tv? I am stumped by this one, usually any problems are caused by dirty connections in a slot, or loose slot connections from prior misuse.

Try an RCA Composite Video Cable plugged into the MONITOR port on the back of the ADAM Memory Console and then plugged into the Composite Video input of your TV. This will only give you video output (no sound is available from this port, you have tobuse the 7-pin AUXILLARY port for that) but at least it will let you know if the issue is isolated to interference with the RF Video/Audio output and the IDE package.

I would guesstimate that everyone that has bought an IDE package from Adamcon does not use the RF output of the Adam.

You could also try using the RF-1 interference Kit magnets on your cables... if you have any of those laying around.

• Like 1

Try an RCA Composite Video Cable plugged into the MONITOR port on the back of the ADAM Memory Console and then plugged into the Composite Video input of your TV. This will only give you video output (no sound is available from this port, you have tobuse the 7-pin AUXILLARY port for that) but at least it will let you know if the issue is isolated to interference with the RF Video/Audio output and the IDE package.

I would guesstimate that everyone that has bought an IDE package from Adamcon does not use the RF output of the Adam.

You could also try using the RF-1 interference Kit magnets on your cables... if you have any of those laying around.

Ok The monitor out is perfect, no static. Interesting if I use Aux video out (5 pin din connector) I get even worse static and RF waves. Running the monitor out through an external RF and back into the TV I get no interference.

Ok The monitor out is perfect, no static. Interesting if I use Aux video out (5 pin din connector) I get even worse static and RF waves. Running the monitor out through an external RF and back into the TV I get no interference.

As I said I have this product. I am not getting any Noise/Static. I am using the Aux video out. I even have the power supply sitting in the bay.

The 7-pin DIN Auxillary Port has the Composite Video signal tapped off of the Monitor Port and hence the degradation. You could try to resolder all the wires (iirc only 4 wires) onto the DIN connector inside the Memory Console to see if that will clean things up seeing as this stuff is over 30 years old and all.

If not you could just use the monitor out and use the 7 pin din for audio only. What cable are you using for the 7 pin din? I've seen a similar issue like yours before be a bad cable.

If not you could just use the monitor out and use the 7 pin din for audio only. What cable are you using for the 7 pin din? I've seen a similar issue like yours before be a bad cable.

I mocked up a 5 pin din cable so it is possible that is where the wavy static came from - but I am able to get the audio from ther with no issue and the monitor out has no static - so am happy. I run both back through an external RF to the flat screen TV and presto - perfect screen :)