morelenmir

XL/XE Keyboard ribbon socket - replacement?

OK. I just ordered 25 for myself and I think someone like @tf_hh might be interested too. Perhaps a bulk order could be placed and distribution arranged for interested parties in the US.

I am interested too. I also want 10 or so. Someone in Europe might get 50 or so, sent it here, we distribute from here.. I can offer my help in keep them and "selling" them at cost + shipping cost  if you want (the connectors can be ship locally at a convenient rate since an envelope might be enough). Or maybe there is a better way to do it.

Edited by manterola

I asked a friend in the UK if he would let me order and have it shipped to him, he said yes but the website wont even let me order for UK delivery if the invoice address is the USA

Edited by Mr Robot
My friend has been an absolute star and is ordering 50 of them for me. 
  • Like 1

What a find! Seems like a land rush on their remaining stock. :)

I would like to get 10 if someone is willing to remail to Canada... or more (20?) to have onhand for remailing from here too...

Hi,

I´ve ordered 10 pieces now to check, if they work out for the XL/XE keyboard connector REALLY. Will test all kind of mylar cables. When all is fine, I will order a few hundred pieces and share them with all other folks in the US and elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, tf_hh said:

Hi,

I´ve ordered 10 pieces now to check, if they work out for the XL/XE keyboard connector REALLY. Will test all kind of mylar cables. When all is fine, I will order a few hundred pieces and share them with all other folks in the US and elsewhere.

That sounds great!

Hi all,

yesterday Conrad Electronics delivered the 10 pieces (really fast!) and it´s a win! They fit absolutely like a charm, no problems to insert any of the mylar cables found at several XL or XE keyboards. Of course the dimensions is also exactly like the genuine one used by Atari. So we found a cheap and reliable replacement for all of those broken or oxydized old connectors.

I´ve ordered today 100 pieces. They´re offered by me for 50 Eurocents each. Regarding the high international shipping costs, I would suggest to order only if you want other parts from me. I will keep them in stock as long Conrad sells them.

Jurgen

Keyboard_Connector_1.jpg

Keyboard_Connector_2.jpg

Keyboard_Connector_3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 10/24/2019 at 9:37 PM, flashjazzcat said:

OK. I just ordered 25 for myself and I think someone like @tf_hh might be interested too. Perhaps a bulk order could be placed and distribution arranged for interested parties in the US.

Hi Jon, don't suppose you have one spare that I could buy? Got a 65xe with terribly corroded pins , and I really screwed it up trying to fix it 🙄

48 minutes ago, mimo said:

Hi Jon, don't suppose you have one spare that I could buy? Got a 65xe with terribly corroded pins , and I really screwed it up trying to fix it 🙄

Hehe... funnily enough, I have 25 spares. You can have one free of charge. Just tell me where to send it. :)

26 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Hehe... funnily enough, I have 25 spares. You can have one free of charge. Just tell me where to send it. :)

Muchos appreciated, I'll pop you a message 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, manterola said:

where are you located? I have a couple available.

I'm in the UK, thanks for the offer but Lord Flasheart is sending one for me 

• Thanks 1

I could use three of these if anyone in the US has some spares to sell. Thanks in advance!

Did anyone come up with a replacement for the actual ribbon cable? My connectors fine, but the ribbon cable on my AWC keyboard is hashed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chevymad said:

Did anyone come up with a replacement for the actual ribbon cable? My connectors fine, but the ribbon cable on my AWC keyboard is hashed.