Jump to content
morelenmir

XL/XE Keyboard ribbon socket - replacement?

Recommended Posts

OK. I just ordered 25 for myself and I think someone like @tf_hh might be interested too. Perhaps a bulk order could be placed and distribution arranged for interested parties in the US.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interested too. I also want 10 or so. Someone in Europe might get 50 or so, sent it here, we distribute from here.. I can offer my help in keep them and "selling" them at cost + shipping cost  if you want (the connectors can be ship locally at a convenient rate since an envelope might be enough). Or maybe there is a better way to do it.

 

Edited by manterola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked a friend in the UK if he would let me order and have it shipped to him, he said yes but the website wont even let me order for UK delivery if the invoice address is the USA

 

Edited by Mr Robot
My friend has been an absolute star and is ordering 50 of them for me. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a find! Seems like a land rush on their remaining stock. :)

 

I would like to get 10 if someone is willing to remail to Canada... or more (20?) to have onhand for remailing from here too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I´ve ordered 10 pieces now to check, if they work out for the XL/XE keyboard connector REALLY. Will test all kind of mylar cables. When all is fine, I will order a few hundred pieces and share them with all other folks in the US and elsewhere.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tf_hh said:

Hi,

 

I´ve ordered 10 pieces now to check, if they work out for the XL/XE keyboard connector REALLY. Will test all kind of mylar cables. When all is fine, I will order a few hundred pieces and share them with all other folks in the US and elsewhere.

 

That sounds great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

yesterday Conrad Electronics delivered the 10 pieces (really fast!) and it´s a win! They fit absolutely like a charm, no problems to insert any of the mylar cables found at several XL or XE keyboards. Of course the dimensions is also exactly like the genuine one used by Atari. So we found a cheap and reliable replacement for all of those broken or oxydized old connectors.

 

I´ve ordered today 100 pieces. They´re offered by me for 50 Eurocents each. Regarding the high international shipping costs, I would suggest to order only if you want other parts from me. I will keep them in stock as long Conrad sells them.

 

Jurgen

 

Keyboard_Connector_1.jpg

Keyboard_Connector_2.jpg

Keyboard_Connector_3.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 9:37 PM, flashjazzcat said:

OK. I just ordered 25 for myself and I think someone like @tf_hh might be interested too. Perhaps a bulk order could be placed and distribution arranged for interested parties in the US.

 

Hi Jon, don't suppose you have one spare that I could buy? Got a 65xe with terribly corroded pins , and I really screwed it up trying to fix it 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mimo said:

Hi Jon, don't suppose you have one spare that I could buy? Got a 65xe with terribly corroded pins , and I really screwed it up trying to fix it 🙄

Hehe... funnily enough, I have 25 spares. You can have one free of charge. Just tell me where to send it. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Hehe... funnily enough, I have 25 spares. You can have one free of charge. Just tell me where to send it. :)

 

Muchos appreciated, I'll pop you a message 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, manterola said:

where are you located? I have a couple available.

 

I'm in the UK, thanks for the offer but Lord Flasheart is sending one for me 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could use three of these if anyone in the US has some spares to sell. Thanks in advance!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone come up with a replacement for the actual ribbon cable? My connectors fine, but the ribbon cable on my AWC keyboard is hashed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chevymad said:

Did anyone come up with a replacement for the actual ribbon cable? My connectors fine, but the ribbon cable on my AWC keyboard is hashed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...