IGNORED

BASIC-XE doesn't work on Incognito

Kyle22

I have tried the 5 in 1 OSS cart pictured below, and BASIC-XE crashes when loading the extensions (BASICXE.OSS file).

post-13040-0-01211800-1457299083.jpg

The same thing happens when loading BASIC-XE from Ultimate SD Cart.

post-13040-0-37748100-1457299374_thumb.jpg

I have tried different versions of the Extensions, all with no luck. This works fine on my U1Meg 1200XL.

This only involves the extensions. BXE works fine if the extensions file is not present.

Any ideas?

if they just made basicxe work by re-organizing the banks and changing a few things... and it doesn't follow original banking then the extensions will fail as what it wants is not in the right places...

if the incognito alters or interpolates banking and real direct calls are a problem that could be too...

someone who knows the design of it and the firmware might be able to explain where the translation fails and a fix might be found.... re coding the extensions in my opinion is a bad Idea because basicxe programs might also fail and what is made should work on all machines running basicxe

so which is at fault requires people who have worked this process or a sleuth like bob to figure why!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I couldn't get it to work at first, using an actual OSS Basic XE cartridge. It would freeze whenever trying to load the extensions, or if I didn't have the extensions file it would load Basic Xe but then freeze as soon as I try running a command. Eventually I found that if I use QMEG-OS (I'm not even sure what this is) then it works, extensions and all, except I couldn't get QMEG-OS to work with the PBI and had to run off of a disk image.

Oh, I agree, Basic XE must work. It's possible that it will work with the new version of the BIOS once flashjazzcat releases the new version for Incognito. The only version I tested is the most recent beta he released, but that was awhile ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...