IGNORED

Homebrews+Expansions

AtariDisk

Good afternoon, new user here. I recently bought a SIO2PC so now I can play ROMS off the internet I'm eager to try a few new games made for it you can't always get on cassette/disk. My second question being that seeing as I'm very new to all this, what are the best, and more importantly, easy to install memory expansions? Not particularly fussed about size, as long as it gets me 128k. I'm using a 64k Atari 800xl by the way :)

There's a brand new 4MB expansion currently taking orders right now (see lower in the forum here for the thread). I think it's proposed as a no solder installation but not sure.

There is also Lotharek's fantastic Ultimate 1MB device, of which I am a happy owner. It gives you 1MB, configurable in several different ways, plus four flashable slots for the OS, four more for BASIC or any other 8K cartridge rom, and a few other tweaks and features such as a real-time clock and SpartaDOS X in rom. Very highly recommended. Installation in most socketed XL or XE machines is pretty easy - it consists of two ribbon connectors replacing two chips (OS and MMU), and soldering four wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2