IGNORED

Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe

I've barely 2.5K words free, so more music and rooms would be probably a big no.

On the other side I'll consider the weight and delay of improvements, everyone wants the game to come out this year ;) but it's not easy to change an almost finished game from BG/FG mode to Color Stack, many subtle points to take in account.

There's always banksw- *DZ-jay glares at me* um nevermind.

I converted an almost completed 32KB Colecovision game to 128KB megacart ROM, so I'm stuck trying to do music stuff and improvement to break up the meta-tiling. And draw more stuff to fill up the remaining banks. I'll get back to this game once I get Mad Bomber outta the way.

• Like 1

I'm currently thinking about wich next INtv game I'm going to work on ....

I don't want to do another Sydney game, I need a break from it (already working on the CV/MSX port)

So I'm thinking about all possibilities right now... ;)

How about another original (non-Sydney) title? If you need help coming up with stories, characters, situations, mechanics, etc.; let me know. I have several ideas, design notes, and treatments for new games written down, but I just don't have the time to actually work on them. There are three that I am reserving for myself as my next projects, but I could share the rest if you can get an enterprising programmer to do them. Preferably one who's got some experience making compilers and lives in Mexico. Know any of those?

-dZ.

• Like 2

A really cool game to port would be something called L'Abbaye des Morts by an indie developer called Locomalito. He's created a number of freeware games over the years, and one of them is now coming to current gen systems.

Anyway, the game I mentioned is a C64 game, ported to many other platforms, including Android (Titled "The Abbey of Death"), all free. Check it out if you're interested. Great story behind it, too.

L'Abbaye des Morts

• Like 1

I agree with all of that, maybe make the text interruptable.

Also the text should say "the door leads" instead of "the door lead.

The game looks awesome!

Looks good. A few suggestions:-

• Use lower case in the intro text. It looks a bit more professional in my opinion.
  • The "teletype" text is nice effect, but you might want to slow it down a little more.
  • Clip Sydney's lower half when hes in the quick sand. That way, it looks like hes in it and not floating on it.
  • If you haven't already done so, add controller presses to bypass the intro sequence or allow the player to skip it completely. Eye candy is nice, but it can annoy the player when they just want "one more go".

2nd Beta Phase went well!

All bugs have been corrected!

Now plays very well on the real deal

3rd Beta Phase coming up next week, with more intensive tests, also by using different console models

But it now looks like we're clearly going for a 2016 release!

And, because you guys has been ultra awesome during the whole development

Here's the final, hand-painted artwork

* Please, note the box layout is NOT final, It is just used as an example *

post-11933-0-88457900-1474007731_thumb.png

• Like 14

3rd Beta Phase coming up next week, with more intensive tests, also by using different console models

is the game tested on PAL too?

don't forget those who live on the other side of the pond :)

Guys, like I mentioned

The box layout is NOT final, it was done (VERY) quickly, just to show you how it could look like

I don't think I'll use the regular ''Mattel style'' box (although, I'm going to use the Gatefold box format)

I heard Keith Robinson doesn't really appreciate that

So feel free to give suggestions about how it should be :)

Like what should be included, the box layout etc...

Edited by retroillucid

Other than the grammatical errors (which there are several people that can help with that...Oscar and JF know who has been helpful in the past) the one that that is bothering me is the windows.

You are in a Central American temple/pyramid...why are there European windows like you would see in Castelvania? Aztecs and Mayans didn't have glass, bars or rounded arches on their windows. They were small and square. Small thing, but it really throws me out of the stylistic theme of the game, I keep thinking "Why is Dracula's Castle inside of an Aztec pyramid?"

60 second doodling

post-38229-0-50268600-1474055006_thumb.pngpost-38229-0-56230400-1474055201_thumb.png

• Like 1

I don't like it. I thought we agreed that you were going to put my name on it and make it Christmas Themed? :mad:

:lol: just kidding! It looks good. Not my preferred style of art for this sort of thing, but looks good nonetheless. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I love it!!! :) :thumbsup: