IGNORED

Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe

You wouldn't be starting anything by pointing out a bug . Considering the price , I expect this game to be bug free so is there anyway you could try another controller to test it ? And Nano hit the ball out of the ballpark from how awesome this game looks .

There's no bug in the game

Il n'y a pas de bogue dans le jeu

No hay ningún error en el juego

Edited by retroillucid

You wouldn't be starting anything by pointing out a bug . Considering the price , I expect this game to be bug free so is there anyway you could try another controller to test it ? And Nano hit the ball out of the ballpark from how awesome this game looks .

I wonder if it is an IntyBASIC quirk. I've noticed a slight delay in response of the button presses in other IntyBASIC games. Perhaps it's an overcompensating debouncing/damping loop?

Of course, I haven't played Sydney Hunter, so I don't know if there is such a thing in it, but judging by Rick's description, it is something I've experienced in other IntyBASIC games. Like Rick said, it is very subtle and I know that others haven't even mentioned it at all, but I've noticed and pointed it out.

-dZ.

I wonder if it is an IntyBASIC quirk. I've noticed a slight delay in response of the button presses in other IntyBASIC games. Perhaps it's an overcompensating debouncing/damping loop?

Of course, I haven't played Sydney Hunter, so I don't know if there is such a thing in it, but judging by Rick's description, it is something I've experienced in other IntyBASIC games. Like Rick said, it is very subtle and I know that others haven't even mentioned it at all, but I've noticed and pointed it out.

-dZ.

Wonder if it is something that can be fixed ?

Just to be clear, there are no bugs in jump or controller response to it. I've played it in real hardware and the controls are smooth as silk.

Of course the experience varies per player, in special everybody knows that the Intellivision side buttons are typically hard to press, a small pressure isn't enough to activate them.

• Like 1

I've experienced what feels like delayed jump response when playing games with frequent and crucial platforming like Princess Quest and the D2K games. It was always when trying to play them with a stock Intellivision controller, but I had no problems when playing with a custom joystick or Genesis pad. I think that it's just a result of holding the directional disc at the bottom of the paddle while pressing a fire button higher up along the side. It wasn't an issue with most of the kinds of games the Intellivision got bitd, but these (now) more traditional platformers require people to adjust when playing with a paddle.

It probably the lag from the LCD TV due to post processing stuff it has in it. You probably want to put the TV on game mode and disable all know pro-processing effect it have. The emulator I tested, the control works fine. I don't remember having any problem with the controls on the real system. The game is mapped to 2 controllers. The left controller wire's sorta frayed but still works sometimes the west disc control get cut out and the right one works fine. I don't think it is a software-based bug. Unfortunately, The game definitely does have bugs in it like scorpions, spiders, and bees. At least you can sacrifice the spider off the wooden bridge to the fire pit below to appease the gods.

The price is also for the cool stuff that comes with like a map so far, kinda like Copter Command that came with the cool metal helicopter, patches and etc. Plus gatefold boxes are a bit more expensive than the regular boxes. I think it was expensive, then retroillucid said there will be cool stuff that comes with it make it worth the price. Plus the team put together a great product. Multiple room, have great music that play out during the game, exploration, finding secret rooms, memorizing where the pineapple are, and etc.

Just to be clear, there are no bugs in jump or controller response to it. I've played it in real hardware and the controls are smooth as silk.

Of course the experience varies per player, in special everybody knows that the Intellivision side buttons are typically hard to press, a small pressure isn't enough to activate them.

Okay, cool - sounds like there really is no issue, just asking to be sure it wasn't something that may have been potentially overlooked. :)

Am using the new Intellivision Flashback controllers with their superior side button action and typically haven't experienced anything too out of the norm input wise. Even when battling the relentless baddies in Princess Quest! lol

• Like 1

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Announcing another BONUS for the Limited Edition of Sacred Tribe!

By buying the Limited Edition, Get a chance to win a brand new ColecoVision Atarimax SD Multicart!

There's 200 copies, but 10 are reserved to the CollectorVision / Exidy team

So you've 1 chance out of 190!

Buying multiple copies give you more chances too!

Good Luck Everyone!

post-11933-0-18761900-1479163719_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oscar, the testers and I didn't had this problem

Maybe it was his controlller?

So I wanted to come back and add a little input on this. I played a good deal of intellivision over the Thanksgiving break on my ultimate flashback using the flashback controllers that I use all the time with my main systems. I had several instances of controller glitchiness while playing Baseball with my cousins. So it is not out of the question to think that the struggles I noted with the jump button might be controller related.

I am sorry if I caused some concern over what is probably nothing. I did try a couple of different controllers before making the video, and I even tried a little in emulation in an effort to discover if it was a game issue or a controller issue. I was on the fence about saying anything about it in the review. But I finally came down on the side of mentioning it as it had been my experience with the game, and I didn't want to feel like I couldn't say anything about it. I really love the game, and I was worried that I might be a little biased to look the other way about a minor problem. So I did what I did.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to reload the video with a little text over the screen in that part indicating the issue I was seeing was almost certainly a controller issue so people won't be wondering about that when they see the review in the future.

On a related topic, anyone know of a good source for getting new flashbacks? I think I want to get a few extra controllers... :)

• Like 2

So I wanted to come back and add a little input on this. I played a good deal of intellivision over the Thanksgiving break on my ultimate flashback using the flashback controllers that I use all the time with my main systems. I had several instances of controller glitchiness while playing Baseball with my cousins. So it is not out of the question to think that the struggles I noted with the jump button might be controller related.

I am sorry if I caused some concern over what is probably nothing. I did try a couple of different controllers before making the video, and I even tried a little in emulation in an effort to discover if it was a game issue or a controller issue. I was on the fence about saying anything about it in the review. But I finally came down on the side of mentioning it as it had been my experience with the game, and I didn't want to feel like I couldn't say anything about it. I really love the game, and I was worried that I might be a little biased to look the other way about a minor problem. So I did what I did.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to reload the video with a little text over the screen in that part indicating the issue I was seeing was almost certainly a controller issue so people won't be wondering about that when they see the review in the future.

On a related topic, anyone know of a good source for getting new flashbacks? I think I want to get a few extra controllers... :)

So were you able to duplicate the issue in emulation using a modern gamepad or computer keyboard? The Intellivision controller is known to have a hardware issue with incomplete side button presses. It is the same issue that causes unintended keypad presses in Space Hawk, Space Spartans, and others. Some intellivision controllers and controller designs might be worse than others and some intellivision controllers never show this problem. I find if you use the side button with your thumb rather than your finger, this problem might be less likely to happen.

• 5 months later...

Sydney Hunter is a really "wow" game. Congratulations to all the team!

A question, with the limited edition it was mentioned "special feature" but I haven't found anything that could be a special feature. What is it exactly? I have received the sw game with cart, 2 overlays, notice and the map but no "special feature".

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Announcing another BONUS for the Limited Edition of Sacred Tribe!

By buying the Limited Edition, Get a chance to win a brand new ColecoVision Atarimax SD Multicart!

There's 200 copies, but 10 are reserved to the CollectorVision / Exidy team

So you've 1 chance out of 190!

Buying multiple copies give you more chances too!

Good Luck Everyone!

So, just out of curiosity has the bonus been awarded, and if so, who won? I have not checked back throuth the thread.