IGNORED

Strange light gun

I have this strange gun that I don't know what system it was made for. It has no writing or imprints on it. Standard Genesis/2600/ etc. cord end. I tried using it on my Genesis to play lethal enforcers but pulling the trigger made the game reset and my tv go staticky for a second. Anyone have any ideas?

post-45585-0-91882800-1457890669_thumb.jpeg

Edited by I am error

I have this strange gun that I don't know what system it was made for. It has no writing or imprints on it. Standard Genesis/2600/ etc. cord end. I tried using it on my Genesis to play lethal enforcers but pulling the trigger made the game reset and my tv go staticky for a second. Anyone have any ideas?

It looks like a light gun for one of those NES all in ones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Player_Super_Joy_III

PPSJIIIboxfront.JPG

• Like 2

Yeah, they're for famiclones. AFAIK they don't work on anything else.

I remember finding one mixed in with some Atari controllers when I was starting out collecting in the early 2000s and hoped it was an Atari-compatible light gun (I didn't have Sentinel so it didn't really matter). Unfortunately they're nothing special.

Too bad, because Atari XE light guns are terrible light guns. They're almost useless on any screen bigger than about 15" and even then, the accuracy is a crapshoot. They look awesome at least, and they make cool Atari collectibles.

The Genesis had some good light guns though.

EDIT: I've actually got one of those N64 controller Famiclones that has a built-in light gun. I should track down a copy of Duck Hunt or some other Famicom light gun game and see if it works with Famicom carts (I know it works with the built-in pirated/clone games).

Edited by BassGuitari