IGNORED

Hundreds of Next Gen and PSM Magazines

I'm cleaning out my storage area downstairs and look at what I found! Lots of video game magazines from the turn of the century!

I have:

73 of the Next Generation (Next Gen) magazine: Issues 1, 4, 7, 12, 14, 17-56, (then they changed the numbering system) Lifecycle 2-4, which are from 9/99-1/02. So it appears to be a complete (sequential) run starting with issue 17 and ending with the 1/02 edition.

130 PSM magazines - Issues 1-130.

There are some other random magazines in there, including a few Funny Times, Readers Digests, and the odd Tips and Tricks magazine. And as a bonus, I'll include all five of the Tomb Raider candy bar sleeves I found inside one of these boxes. I ate the chocolate long ago, but kept the covers.

Overall they're in good shape, but they haven't been kept like comic books or anything so don't expect perfection. In fact, I know for sure that I cut out a few pictures from the mags to adorn my Jaguar cartridge holder. I didn't flip through very many, but I found the spot where I cut out an AvP picture from the Jaguar review in NextGen's issue #1. (Sorry, I didn't understand the concept of collecting back then.) And the PSM magazines probably have a missing lid cover or two as well as some of the game CD inserts. I remember removing the smiley face PSM lid sticker from the 1st PSM and stuck that baby on my PS1, and my roommate took a few of the inserts. But for the most part the mags are intact.

If there are any individual mags you'd like to see pictures of, or want me flip through, let me know.

So, there are 203 PSM/Next Gen video game magazines here (not including the other random mags). Fifty cents a piece doesn't seem outrageous, so I'd round that down to $100, plus shipping. There are three boxes in total, and each one weighs something like 20-25 pounds, but I can send them Media Mail so the cost won't be too bad. (A 25 pound box sent from MI to CA would cost around $15 with Media Mail. But we'll calculate actual postage before finalizing anything.)

If you only wanted the PSM or the Next Gen mags, I could see about rearranging or locating a different box, but I'd rather sell everything as a lot.

If there's any interest, I can post more pics later. But for now, it's bed time. :^)

Cheers,

Smeg

post-1517-0-08065100-1457917181_thumb.jpg

post-1517-0-41355400-1457917577_thumb.jpg

You might want to check with the guys over at RetroMags. They scan and preserve old game mags and they are really short on PSM magazines.

Would be cool to sell them and still have access to them via there web site in the future. Just an idea if you don't have any luck here.

Edited by Jaymiester

You might want to check with the guys over at RetroMags. They scan and preserve old game mags and they are really short on PSM magazines.

Would be cool to sell them and still have access to them via there web site in the future. Just an idea if you don't have any luck here.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to see if they want the PSMs, since I see you're right. They don't appear to have many of them. On a cursory search of the site, I didn't see an obvious place to post, but perhaps this weekend I'll sign up and see what's what.

Oh man, if shipping wasn't going to be outrageous...I would probably jump on this. If you were in the Seattle area, I would jump on this.

If you wanted to PM me, I can give you an actual price with shipping, and we could go from there. I could even lower my price a bit to make it a bit more palatable. My wife wants the space, and I'd like them to go to someone would appreciate them... and getting a few bucks would be nice too. Times aren't the best at the Smeghead household, financially speaking.

The Next Gens are sold, and I believe the Tips and Tricks is claimed as well. That pretty much just leaves the PSMs. I'm hoping to get $65 for them, but I would take $50 plus shipping. I just can't find one box to hold them all, so it would be two boxes, 52 pounds and 13 pounds, sent from 49076 via Media Mail.

Jibbajaba, I'd rather keep this as a complete collection. If I change my mind, I will definitely let you know.

Cheers,

Randy