IGNORED

Genve HD for MESS

etownandy

• 3 years later...
On 3/14/2016 at 1:44 PM, mizapf said:

Try TIImageTool (unless your HD image is too old). I included that function from chdman.

I have a version 3 .HD trying to turn into later version .chd to use with newer MAME. I can't seem to figure out how to use the CHDMAN tool to upgrade the file. TIIMAGETOOL won't open it since it's v3. any settings to just upgrade versions in CHDMANBootdisk.zip?

Bootdisk.zip

5 hours ago, mizapf said:

chdman extractraw --input Bootdisk.HD --output bootdisk.raw

Start TIImageTool, select Utility -> Import raw into CHD

Worked for me.

Did the trick, thanks. I figured out the 1st step but never connected it with the 2nd step.

While I got you, 2 questions:

The BWG; I had an issue with LOAD not consistently working. Anyway, reading older threads I get the impression that it doesn't work? this was very old threads. 

Also reading older threads did Myarc extended BASIC II every get working in the myarc 512k memory device? I can't get it to work (i know how it supposed to work from PC99) and i never did get a clear understanding where on it.

Concerning BwG: You mean the OLD command in BASIC? Or the LOAD interrupt? The BwG did not show any particular issues as far as I remember; it had some issues a long while back, but those were fixed (see https://www.mizapf.de/en/ti99/mame/changes, pre 0.155).

If there is still a problem, please give me a short description how to reproduce it.

Extended Basic II: Is this a cartridge or disk-based?

I might have an older version of BWG. My TI-99/4a is still on .149.  I have upgraded all the variants though to the latest version 2 MAME/MESS. I'll upgrade the TI-99/4a later this week.

Myarc Extended BASIC II had a BASIC BIOS installed in the Myarc 512k memory card. in fact the .zip file ti99_myarcmem.zip file name is myarc512k_xb2.bin. so it looks like the bios is there?

How it worked is you would have a disk that contained the boot files but you needed the bios in the 512k card. The XBII would appear on the startup menu. Boot the disk and Myarc XBII would start. The disk are on ftp.whtech.com.

Don't worry about it. I was just wondering if you knew anything about it. I haven't found a manual for Myarc XBII  so even if it worked I couldn't do anything with it. Just trying to be complete on the DVD of MAME/MESS i'm creating for the TI fest. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hloberg said:

I might have an older version of BWG. My TI-99/4a is still on .149.

Well then, yes, it was still broken on that release. ?

Not meant against you; just in general: This is the reason why I can't give any better advice but to kick those old MAME/MESS releases. I mean, I really fixed some issues over time.

• Like 1

The MEXP-1 is working as described in the manual; when you add it by -ioport:peb:slot2 myarcmem, it also finds its DSR, and you can do a CALL RDTEST and the other stuff that is described in the manual.

After further reading, I suspect we simply don't have a dump of Myarc Extended Basic II. I did not find a matching RPK or ZIP file. And there is a disk, no idea whether we have it.

Myarc XB-II is a disk-based program that loads into the Myarc 128K, 256K, or 512K memory cards. One note--it also requires 8K of RAM in the cartridge slot. The Myarc XB-II cartridge that put the RAM into that slot only had an 8K RAM chip in it (although some also used surplus Pilgrim's Pride 6000+ cartridge boards, making it possible to turn some of them into a standard supercart by adding an EA GROM).

7 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Myarc XB-II is a disk-based program that loads into the Myarc 128K, 256K, or 512K memory cards. One note--it also requires 8K of RAM in the cartridge slot. The Myarc XB-II cartridge that put the RAM into that slot only had an 8K RAM chip in it (although some also used surplus Pilgrim's Pride 6000+ cartridge boards, making it possible to turn some of them into a standard supercart by adding an EA GROM).

here are the disk in PC99 format v211 & v212

PC99 was transparent on the 8k RAM so I didn't know about it. I'll play around with it.  I wish I hadn't lost my copy of PC99 or i'de tell you more.

XBII212.DSK XBII211.DSK

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

Well then, yes, it was still broken on that release. ?

Not meant against you; just in general: This is the reason why I can't give any better advice but to kick those old MAME/MESS releases. I mean, I really fixed some issues over time.

ya, slowly working on it. Got the variants updated, the 99/4a will take time as I have a system where each program startup is a batch file. may not bother to do the dozens of games, just leave them on the old version, just update development & testing to latest.

OK, it actually worked! I used the SuperSpace2 cartridge in the slot; I'll have to add the XB2 type later.

mame64 ti99_4a -cart supersp2 -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot2 myarcmem -ioport:peb:slot8 hfdc -flop1 xbii212.dsk

(MAME >= 0.186)

0104_2x.png

Edited by mizapf

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

OK, it actually worked! I used the SuperSpace2 cartridge in the slot; I'll have to add the XB2 type later.

mame64 ti99_4a -cart supersp2 -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot2 myarcmem -ioport:peb:slot8 hfdc -flop1 xbii212.dsk

(MAME >= 0.186)

0104_2x.png

so very cool! You do good work dude. So add one more to the DVD and I'll play with it tonight after work . Now if I can just get a manual for XBII. :)

I also started working with the HSGPL. I using your instructions, a video on the subject I found and looking at the 'getting started with MESS/MAME' files you created. I think i should be able to figure it out in time.

I also decided to do the long task of converting my TI-99/4a MESS .149 to the latest MAME/MESS. No reason to be running 2 versions. 

again, you do great work and thanks for putting up with some of my dumb questions. ;)

I added a feature to the next MAME release to allow for 8K RAM standard cartridges - which were (almost) already possible, but I had ruled them out by blocking write access. This is now allowed if the cartridge actually has RAM in the socket.

The Myarc Extended Basic II cartridge will be available as "-cart myxbii".

Until then, using Superspace 2 is safe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mizapf said:

I added a feature to the next MAME release to allow for 8K RAM standard cartridges - which were (almost) already possible, but I had ruled them out by blocking write access. This is now allowed if the cartridge actually has RAM in the socket.

The Myarc Extended Basic II cartridge will be available as "-cart myxbii".

Until then, using Superspace 2 is safe.

I get as far as extended basic II loading then it locks up. 

running latest MAME and drivers.

I start by choose 3 start menu 128kos

128kos.thumb.jpg.e6dd7f52b490c94c2f18997dd28d22b7.jpg

I get this screen and locks up.

loading.thumb.jpg.4b983faeb7cdc3916fc7a824c881c07d.jpg

Is that the way you did it?

also I'm using this super space II db_super_space_2.rpk is that the same one you use?

Oh, or are you saying it won't work till the next version update of MAME?

db_super_space_2.rpk

Edited by hloberg

On 7/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, mizapf said:

(MAME >= 0.186)

0104_2x.png

FYI: the ninerpedia still list TI-99/2 as (not working)