IGNORED

Morristown Game Vault

VectorGamer

• 1 year later...
I finally had a chance yesterday morning, to head over to the Morristown Game Vault, in Morristown, NJ. It's located in the downtown business district, so it's very nice, lots of bars/restaurants around. The actual building was an old bank, and the arcade is on the first floor. The main floor is not huge, but very reminiscent of the arcades I would visit back in the day, which weren't that big. The majority of the pinball machines are on the right hand side, some consoles in the middle, and everything else center and left. They have a few small rooms with cabinets stuffed in, but everything is still spaced very well. What really was amazing to me were the actual machines they have. At least for me, tons that fit my habits perfectly! VERY little on the fighting game front, which I greatly prefer. Lots of rare stuff too like Satan's Hollow, Pole Position II, sit down PP, sit down Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, Temple of Doom, etc. Everything was clean, seemingly well maintained, and I think just Ice Cold Beer was turned off. Although it may just have been asleep.
All GAMES SET TO FREE PLAY PLAYER’S TIME TRACKED BY WRIST BAND
30 MINUTES $7.00
ONE HOUR $10.00
EACH ADDITIONAL 30 MINUTES AFTER ONE HOUR $5.00 (5 MINUTE GRACE PERIOD)
TAX INCLUDED
CASH AND CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greg2600/albums/72157683255170074

34986868094_c79d2a57fd_z.jpg

35786871386_a81467cdbe_z.jpg

35786876056_e6c451cdf9_z.jpg

35786879916_67ce4c6478_z.jpg

35786881346_6709dfe243_z.jpg

• Like 1

I finally had a chance yesterday morning, to head over to the Morristown Game Vault, in Morristown, NJ. It's located in the downtown business district, so it's very nice, lots of bars/restaurants around. The actual building was an old bank, and the arcade is on the first floor. The main floor is not huge, but very reminiscent of the arcades I would visit back in the day, which weren't that big. The majority of the pinball machines are on the right hand side, some consoles in the middle, and everything else center and left. They have a few small rooms with cabinets stuffed in, but everything is still spaced very well. What really was amazing to me were the actual machines they have. At least for me, tons that fit my habits perfectly! VERY little on the fighting game front, which I greatly prefer. Lots of rare stuff too like Satan's Hollow, Pole Position II, sit down PP, sit down Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, Temple of Doom, etc. Everything was clean, seemingly well maintained, and I think just Ice Cold Beer was turned off. Although it may just have been asleep.
All GAMES SET TO FREE PLAY PLAYER’S TIME TRACKED BY WRIST BAND
30 MINUTES $7.00
ONE HOUR $10.00
EACH ADDITIONAL 30 MINUTES AFTER ONE HOUR $5.00 (5 MINUTE GRACE PERIOD)
TAX INCLUDED
CASH AND CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greg2600/albums/72157683255170074

34986868094_c79d2a57fd_z.jpg

35786871386_a81467cdbe_z.jpg

35786876056_e6c451cdf9_z.jpg

35786879916_67ce4c6478_z.jpg

35786881346_6709dfe243_z.jpg

+1 on the Morristown Game Vault. Great place. They even had a Baby Pac-Man Arcade/Pinball game. My only problem was Battlezone was sick that day :(

post-21941-0-60957900-1499703650.jpg post-21941-0-69083400-1499703666.jpg

I used to live there and remember when this was a bank. I'm not in the area too much anymore and wish I still had a reason to go (family and friends are all moved out too), but I might make a special trip for this one of these days. It's not too far away from where I live now. Maybe next time I go to PA for that crazy warehouse full of old computers :)

• Like 1

In this area, Yestercades has a very similar pricing structure, and a $25 day pass. Honestly I never spend more than an hour per trip at these arcades. I'm more of a dabbler. The opposite are the "Barcade" pricing that you use your own quarters on, but downside is their machines are beat to hell.

Yup, been to Yestercades in Red Bank. They have more machines than Game Vault, pretty close to one another, and also have classic consoles (Atari, Intellivision, Colecovision) hooked up to floor console CRTs. At the time (couple years back) their website said that the Red Bank location had Star Castle, but it wasn't on the floor when we visited.

Played a lot of arcade games and each one seemed to be in good working order. Didn't play any pinball that day.

post-21941-0-89418000-1499733518.jpg

Honestly I never spend more than an hour per trip at these arcades.

But for people like me I have to travel far to a classic arcade because there is none in my county. The closest classic arcade for me is 45 minutes away. It would be a waste for me to travel 90 minutes round trip for an hour of play.