IGNORED

TurboFreezer XL/XE 2011 in a remake of 2016

santosp

but what does it do?

Press a button to freeze the system and enter a menu. From there you can save/load system states, enter a debugger or return.

It's also a ram expansion.

+ not to forget cartridge emulation!

http://www.horus.com/~hias/freezer/turbo-freezer-2011/FreezerManualEn-3.10-130330.pdf

Edited by foft
  • Like 2

but what does it do?

A short overview of the functions can be found in this old thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/189738-turbofreezer-xlxe-2011-preorder-starts-now/

During the last years I added a few features and bugfixes to the software which is currently in internal beta testing - anyone interested in testing just drop me a line. As usual the software update will also be available for the 2005 and 2011 freezers. Now I need to find the time to update the manuals...

so long,

Hias

• Like 5

Is this a single PCB version of the Freezer 2011 or are there more hardware features added (like RTC and External OS feature?)?

The hardware features are identical to the 2011 Freezer. Panos redid the PCB from scratch so everything is on a single PCB now.

You'd have to ask panos for more details, I don't have a prototype here yet, I've only seen pictures so far :)

so long,

Hias

• Like 2

Panos is IMHO without any doubt by far producing the best quality PCB's.

His solderwork is more than excellent, and he uses very good quality parts. I have a lot of his productions here, and I'm more than satisfied.

Depending on price I am definitely interested in a few. I'll wait for final price though.

• Like 3