IGNORED

TurboFreezer XL/XE 2011 in a remake of 2016

santosp

Is it possible to download version 3.11 of the firmware with FLASH.COM 2.3? I'm using a TF2011 from the first edition with the firmware v3.10.

I have just read about new version in ABBUC Magazin #125.

• Like 1

Is it possible to download version 3.11 of the firmware with FLASH.COM 2.3? I'm using a TF2011 from the first edition with the firmware v3.10.

I haven't officially released version 3.11 yet. If you want to test the current preview just send me a PM.

Updating with the 2.3 flasher will work fine, but better use the new flasher (will be included in the firmware release) to take advantage of the new features like cartridge description backup/restore etc.

I have just read about new version in ABBUC Magazin #125.

Oh, so Erhard's article was published earlier than I thought - or I was too slow :)

I had planned to have a public release before the article is published, but work kept me busy...

so long,

Hias

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'd imagine it would depend on quantity of wants, seems like most folk have got at least one (bar me), I'd like to see one with a bit more Action Replay type fun bits, graphic and tune rippers etc :)

I know from his posts that Avery has toyed with the idea of adding it to Altirra but the debugger and the rest of the emulator pretty much do it all..

Good luck olix, hope you get one...

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 2 months later...

I absolutely LOVE the Turbo Freezer. It's my #1 choice of atari 8bit add ons. I have no idea in what state the development of a 2016 version is, but I could think of a few extra's to make it even cooler (although it is still the coolest thing ever).

1) I would love to see a feature just like SysCheck II where I could use third party OS-es like Qmeg or MyBIOS or HighSpeed OS in stead of building them inside the atari. SysCheck II proves that it is possible. I never realized that, and it is AWESOME.

2) I would love to see a built in RTC ... if possible RT8 compatible or an APETIME compatible solution (like IDE+ has)

3) And.... perhaps a PBI solution like U1MB has... (if possible U1MB compatible, so FlashJazzCat excellent software meant for U1MB would fit in Freezer).

That would turn a STOCK atari XL/XE computer into the most powerful system EVER, with just an external add on.

• 5 months later...

does anyone knows how to operate the Cartridge Emulator, (firmware version 3.11 2016-04-05)

i am following the instruction in the user manual (v 3.10), but cant figure how to load a ROM image to the Freezer

Very short version: move the "flash write" switch to on, load the flasher (FLASH.COM) from the freezer system disk / atr, choose "Program CartEmu flash", and program some ROM file, eg into bank 0. Note that this must be a raw ROM dump (i. 8192/16384/... bytes), not a CAR file with a header.

Then either use the "Start CartEmu" option from the flasher (or move the "CartEmu switch" to on and power-cycle the Atari) and select the correct ROM type and bank number in the CartEmu menu.

Another possibility, to do quick tests with 8k/16k/OSS carts, is to start MyPicoDos from the CartEmu menu, it supports loading 8k, 16k and OSS CAR files (i.e. with a valid CAR header) and running them from the freezer RAM.

BTW: Here's a link to the latest 3.11 beta/preview with current freezer rom and flasher software:

http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/freezer-software-160509.zip

so long,

Hias

• Like 3