IGNORED

AdamEm and DosBox

Milli V

It's a well known conflict that the author of Virtual Adam (Steve Pitman) was aware of when he developed the frontend. Unfortunately there is no solution for this conflict unless a brand new Adam emulator is developed specifically for Windows... with CoolCV by Nanochess showing a lot of promise.

• Like 1

Ok - guess I'll have to live with it. It is a great emulator to develop code in and then move it to the adam when done

It's a well known conflict that the author of Virtual Adam (Steve Pitman) was aware of when he developed the frontend. Unfortunately there is no solution for this conflict unless a brand new Adam emulator is developed specifically for Windows... with CoolCV by Nanochess showing a lot of promise.

I might add to what NIAD said...although the author was aware of the conflict, he didn't realize at the time you could reconfigure the keys in DosBox. If I remember correctly, the Ctrl-F9 gets to the ADAMem configuration, but it is also the keypress that exits out of DosBox. So DosBox could have been reconfigured to avoid this problem.

A possible solution is to use ADAMem run under its original front end ADAMemMam. It's not as fully featured as Virtual ADAM, but you can use the ADAMem configuration then. The only drawback is that with Windows XP and later, the sound is sometimes screwed up with some sound cards.

Both can be found here: http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/downloads/

Ok - guess I'll have to live with it. It is a great emulator to develop code in and then move it to the adam when done