IGNORED

Which model is better?

nshollingsworth

I have both of them models:

Lynx 1 have a better image quality (sharper screen), very loud sound by its speaker, I have better feeling with controls, it is the first one, no pocket! a classic system.

Lynx II are more compact, Stereo sound output for the headphones, it is faster and more convenient to change cartridge games (no problems with extra space of the homebrew).

• Like 1

Lynx II is best.

It's 2016 so batteries should be of no concern. Use high capacity rechargeable Ni–MH batteries which will even give longer run times than throw away alkalines. If you don't want any downtime, buy two sets...it's not like they cost much more than a set of useless Duracells which will end up in landfill after 4 hours of use.

• Like 1

Huge fan of the first model. Among other things I find the dpad to be a lot better compared to my lynx 2, but maybe my lynx 2 was just used too much before I got it. I also prefer the looks of the Lynx 1 - and for all who might criticize the lynx 1 for being larger than the lynx 2, the lynx 2 design never appealed to me that much since it was a LOT fatter than the lynx 1. I would equate the experience of holding the lynx 2, to the experience of holding a giant hamburger from one of those chain restaurants (apple bees, chilis, TGI Fridays, etc), of course, perhaps holding the lynx 1 could be equated to holding a thin submarine sandwich :)

Love this caricature
atari_lynx_by_amazingtrout-d367nfl.png

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 5

Nice! Where did you find that drawing / who made it?

I've seen quite a few members stating over the years that the Lynx I seems to be a higher quality build, and I agree. However personally I think they fixed quite a few design issues on Lynx II. My wrists always start hurting playing on Lynx I because the whole design is bent a bit inwards as we clearly can see in this wonderful caricature, also the D-pad is is too far in unless you have long fingers.

Anyways both models have pros and cons but pretty awesome unique design. They both look freakin' amazing! I'd recommend getting both, but you could probably buy the one that you prefer visually first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...