IGNORED

Coleco Packaging Measurements

ValkerieSilk

I wanted to have some plastic display cases made for the following ‘New in Box’ items. If anyone has the time, can you provide/confirm the measurements of the following items if you own them.

Also, can anyone recommend a place to have these display cases custom made? I’m basically looking to put these inside a display case as close to the same size of the box as possible. Something that would preserve the packaging as well as display nicely over time. Your suggestions and measurements will be very much appreciated, and 'Thank You' in advance.

- Colecovision Console

- Expansion Module – 1 (Atari 2600 Adapter)

- Expansion Module – 2 (Steering Wheel)

- Roller Controller

- Super Action Controllers

- Super Game Module (Opcode)

silly question, if you own them can't you measure them?

The idea is to confirm the measurements from several boxes (CBS, US etc..) ... Though I'm sure they're the same, it doesn't hurt to confirm, this way after I have the display cases made I can share the dimensions with relative confidence in the event someone in the community wants to get the same thing done. Not so silly really ...

• Like 1

Bringing the Colecovision Console, Expansion Module – 1 (Atari 2600 Adapter), Expansion Module – 2 (Steering Wheel), Roller Controller & Super Action Controllers to South Bay Plastic Depot today. They'll be confirming all the measurements and then manufacturing the display cases. I'll post all exact measurements and where to order these in the event anyone else is interested.

Edited by ValkerieSilk
  • Like 3

He was the first one I emailed, but didn't hear back... He's probably pretty busy ... My cases are being made now and I'll post the company info and measurements hopefully today. I'm having museum quality UV cases made (whatever that means), and they're kinda expensive, but the company has all kinds of different material that can be used. BTW: It's ganna take 3 to 4 weeks to make them as the place is kinda busy right now...

Edited by ValkerieSilk

Here's the measurements and the place I'm having these done if anyone else is interested. The Super Game Module box is not included here as I'm having these 5 cases made first, the SGM will be in round 2. From the feedback I received, these measurements appear to work with the CBS boxes as well.

Plastic Depot, Inc
PO Box 844006
Los Angeles, CA 90084-4006
(310) 217-7080
Fabrication Expansion module- 3/16" UV blocking, museum grade clear acrylic w/ 1/2" base: ID 11 1/4" x 4 3/8" x 7 1/2" (fabricator to add 1/2" spacing), drill holes on sides
Fabrication Roller controller- 3/16" UV blocking, museum grade clear acrylic w/ 1/2" base: ID 11" x 5 1/4" x 14 3/16" (fabricator to add 1/2" spacing), drill holes on sides
Fabrication Arcade video game system- 3/16" UV blocking, museum grade clear acrylic w/ 1/2" base: 19" x 5 1/4" x 12 7/16" (fabricator to add 1/2" spacing), drill holes on sides
Fabrication Expansion module #2- 3/16" UV blocking, museum grade clear acrylic w/ 1/2" base: 9" x 7 5/8" x 12" (fabricator to add 1/2" spacing), drill holes on sides
Fabrication Super action controller set- 3/16" UV blocking, museum grade clear acrylic w/ 1/2" base: 10 1/8" x 8 1/4" x 12 1/4" (fabricator to add 1/2" spacing), drill holes on sides
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...