IGNORED

Gemstik by Gemini

Most of the Gemsticks I've come across have been broken or nonworking in some way. Bad luck? I do actually have a new one in packaging that I'll probably just keep that way unless I happen upon some others. The packaging for these is weird, BTW; only half the controller is actually contained within the plastic bubble container and cardboard backing--the back half of the controller just sticks out the back, exposed. Strange.

For actual playing, I just stick (haaaaaa!) with the CX40 anyway.

Most of the Gemsticks I've come across have been broken or nonworking in some way. Bad luck? I do actually have a new one in packaging that I'll probably just keep that way unless I happen upon some others. The packaging for these is weird, BTW; only half the controller is actually contained within the plastic bubble container and cardboard backing--the back half of the controller just sticks out the back, exposed. Strange.

For actual playing, I just stick (haaaaaa!) with the CX40 anyway.

I found the Gemsticks to be rather fragile.

I found them not so much fragile per se, but the plastic/rubber part over the joystick handle almost always worked it's way out from under the retaining ring way easier than would happen with the CX-40's, I never had that problem with the CX-40's only the Gemsticks

We (at the 2600 CONNECTION) currently have 5 gemsticks in stock and for sale, as well as some other controllers too...

http://www.2600connection.com/features/atari_controllers.html

if you have any questions about these controllers, please let me know

Tim

Got a couple Pointmaster sticks?

I like the Gemstiks. Easily among the best 3rd-party sticks out there, in my humble opinion. I have a few that still get regular use. I've seen several where the rubber grip has pulled free from the base as RichG1972 mentioned, but other than that they seem to hold up pretty well for their age, at least among the ones I have and have come across.

But I am a lefty so I hate those and the originals.

For what it's worth, I'm also a lefty, and using a stick with my right hand has never bothered me. I'm not even sure I would find a "left-handed" stick all that comfortable, though maybe I would once I got used to it.

I like the Gemstiks. Easily among the best 3rd-party sticks out there, in my humble opinion. I have a few that still get regular use. I've seen several where the rubber grip has pulled free from the base as RichG1972 mentioned, but other than that they seem to hold up pretty well for their age, at least among the ones I have and have come across.

For what it's worth, I'm also a lefty, and using a stick with my right hand has never bothered me. I'm not even sure I would find a "left-handed" stick all that comfortable, though maybe I would once I got used to it.

Well the way it is normally is that the button is on the left. But I move the stick with my left hand and can't with my right hand. So its hard to press the button with my right hand. Be cool if it was button on the right side. Move stick with left hand and press button with my right hand.

That's why I like my archer stick. Button is in the handle also so I can do it one handed.