IGNORED

Gemstik by Gemini

Well the way it is normally is that the button is on the left. But I move the stick with my left hand and can't with my right hand. So its hard to press the button with my right hand. Be cool if it was button on the right side. Move stick with left hand and press button with my right hand.

That's why I like my archer stick. Button is in the handle also so I can do it one handed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lefty-Joystick-Adaptor-for-Atari-Type-Joystick-Controllers-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/351684964660?hash=item51e20eb134:g:McgAAOSwQjNW8vYN

Anyway, the Gemstik is the first controller I ever held and I prefer it over the CX-40.

Is $3 a fair price for one? I passed on one at a local Goodwill for that price.

They also had a Coleco Telstar - 4? - with a box but it was missing its power supply and I was in too much of a hurry to ask what their price was.

Since we're talking about a Gemstik, has anyone added microswitches to one before?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found a GameXChange in the next town that had about four Gemstiks. They felt nice (I busted the shrink wrap on one of them) but since I play joysticks built with real arcade parts, none of the bitd 1st or 3rd party sticks will feel as good as a real arcade control. I passed on them but wanted to check and see if they were worth much. They were $3.95 each.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought a pair of these last week and they arrived today. I was really looking forward to trying them out but as soon as I took them out of the box they sounded like maracas, full of broken plastic. I love buying supposedly good stuff and getting trash in the mail. The contact points at the bottom of the shafts are all broken to pieces, looks like a really flimsy and cheap design. I tried a spare CX-40 shaft I had but it doesn't fit. Shame because they feel comfortable but I wouldn't buy one again, very poor quality. I'll stay with joysticks like the TAC-2 from now on.

Edited by Banquo

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of these last week and they arrived today. I was really looking forward to trying them out but as soon as I took them out of the box they sounded like maracas, full of broken plastic. I love buying supposedly good stuff and getting trash in the mail. The contact points at the bottom of the shafts are all broken to pieces, looks like a really flimsy and cheap design. I tried a spare CX-40 shaft I had but it doesn't fit. Shame because they feel comfortable but I wouldn't buy one again, very poor quality. I'll stay with joysticks like the TAC-2 from now on.

Any chance of posting photos of the damage?