IGNORED

just bought an atari 5200 kiosk system,kiosk controller and a LJN VideoArt

atari2800man

I bought a atari 5200 kiosk console plus controller off of ebay.I bought the controller for 135.49,and the console for 275.00.its not a normal 5200.This is way different.ill need to post pics soon.I got a brand new ljn videoart console for 570.00 off ebay too nib.its a dream come true.I think the guy who sold the kiosk 5200 and controller in it didnt know what he had.

And the ljn video art seller, wanted 1,000 usd but talked him down lol.im a good negociator.

I bought the ljn videoart system for 570.00 because it was a steal.This is factory sealed!brand new unopened!it was originally priced at 1,000 usd.I bought it because its very rare and obscure and a very nice piece to my collection!why do ppl play mario paint on the snes?humm because its freaking fun.The ljn videoart system is a good console.Stop buying into AVGN!

BassGuitari,sometimes I think you like to start trouble.

Care to elaborate?

I bought the ljn videoart system for 570.00 because it was a steal.This is factory sealed!brand new unopened!it was originally priced at 1,000 usd.I bought it because its very rare and obscure and a very nice piece to my collection!why do ppl play mario paint on the snes?humm because its freaking fun.The ljn videoart system is a good console.Stop buying into AVGN!

Why so defensive? Should I have used an emoticon? :P What do you care if I--with no influence from AVGN, I might add--think the Videoart is a stupid console? It's not a personal affront.

If it's something you wanted to add to your collection because it interests you or it's obscure or X, Y, or Z, that's cool and I respect that. That's all you had to say. I've got weird dumb shit in my collection that I think is interesting in spite of itself, too. Studio II, Aquarius, Tiger handhelds, ActionMax tapes, you name it.

Something tells me, though, that if you were able to talk the guy down 43%, it was never *really* $1,000; he was just trolling for someone stupid enough to pay it. I don't know what Videoart stuff goes for because the thing just doesn't interest me, but for what it is, $570 doesn't pass the tummy test, NIB or otherwise. The touchy tone of your reply tells me you agree; if that's true, I sympathize. Buyer's remorse sucks. Had it myself once or twice.

If I'm misreading that, and $570 actually is a good deal on a NIB Videoart (I honestly don't know), and YOU enjoy it, isn't that what matters? Because I hate to break it to you, but nobody's going to be lining up to tell you how impressed and jealous they are that you have a NIB Videoart. Now, an Atari 5200 kiosk, on the other hand... :)

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 2

http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/educational/ljn_videoart.htm

This guy says 20-30 for a video art console.

Thats one expensive box!!

I got screwed before as well. Bought a picture and it was a repro and paid way too much.. Maybe it was a deal tho. The price is always what people are willing to pay as there is really no value to any of this retro stuff with no interest.

But yes the 5200 stuff will be cool to see!!

• Like 2

I can't say I've seen this console on e-bay very much. I've looked, mostly out of interest and I've never seen one for that much money. Even new in box, 600 dollars seems awfully high. But then it is an uncommon system that has gotten some notoriety of late because of things like the AVGN review, so who knows. Maybe it is worth that.

I personally think that it's a terrible system. The control isn't nearly fine enough. If the control was more responsive and didn't always try to be vertical/horizontal or diagonal, it wouldn't be a bad machine, but as it is, it's pretty much unusable. I base that on my own use. I like the aesthetic design of it with the white case and controller that fits in at an angle and so, when I saw it at a Goodwill for 6 dollars with three cartridges, I had to buy it. But aside from trying it out quite a bit when I got it and having it hooked up during a video game party a couple years ago, I have yet to turn it on again. I'll probably sell it eventually. It really doesn't have much value other than as a curiosity from the late 80's if you ask me. But it sure does look nice on my display shelf.

Edited by Lendorien

• 2 weeks later...