IGNORED

just bought an atari 5200 kiosk system,kiosk controller and a LJN VideoArt

atari2800man

And yes I do agree,that if I would of just had these pictures up right there and then,I wouldnt have people calling me out.captain combat I will for sure show you pics,since you asked so kindly,however im a very busy man and as ive delivered on multiple things on atariage,I sure will once I get the chance to.we can private message each other.

Plus I plan on collecting for another ten to twenty years and when the value reaches a point to when or a big IF I can retire on it,thats when ill sell it.its not when you tell me to,not my family or my buddies.No way.I live at home,because I plan to move out once I get engaged to be married.its called tradition.

Putting your entire retirement savings in a video game collection is an EXTREMELY BAD IDEA. If you really have so much money in your games, which I highly doubt, you need to setup an appointment with a financial planner immediately. I'm being 100% serious. Get some professional financial advice.

• Like 3

I really dont care if you guys call me a troll or think that.im clearly not and if you continue to,ill just ignore you lol.its simple.You wont get a rise out of me.I could say the same about others on here.I at least have the respect to not point out who the trolls I think are,on here.

You keep saying that but...

750K-950K !!! And still live at home?

Sounds perfectly believable

For the record, I'd sell every last piece of my collection for just $75,000, including the many hundreds of systems, the tens of thousands of games, the countless materials and memorabilia, etc. No questions asked. ;-)

I think the best thing for me to do is to get a few stores opinions and get appraisals by professionals on my videogame collection.bill I recommend the same for you as well.

I don't need to do that. I have a good idea of the value of my collection. I don't care if I lose money selling it for "just" $75,000. I'm 43 and have been collecting since I was a child, even before I knew what collecting was. My time and the ridiculous size of my collection no longer allows me to enjoy it all the way I'd like to. That's unlikely to change until I retire, which is probably another 25 years away. So yes, I'd be thrilled to get out now, even if I'd be turning down more money in the future. As a collector, there reaches a point where it's just too much. So, while I love my collection beyond measure, I'd be perfectly happy with letting it all go as well.

Of course, the main issue is it's extraordinarily difficult to sell ready made, extra large collections. I have no interest in selling off piecemeal either, since that goes back to the "not enough time" thing.

• Like 3

Wow bill I loved every word you said.Your situation reminds me of my own.I have alot too and ive gotten offers from stores and people and very hardcore collectors but no where near what I researched and thought I would get for them.I guess losing cash on it at this point is possibly what I need to do and let it go.itl be tough to move it all once I move out too.like holy crap.

Putting your entire retirement savings in a video game collection is an EXTREMELY BAD IDEA. If you really have so much money in your games, which I highly doubt, you need to setup an appointment with a financial planner immediately. I'm being 100% serious. Get some professional financial advice.

I'll add that while you are living at home is the perfect time to be putting large amounts of money into your retirement savings. It will pay off huge in the future. Just don't put it all in games!

• Like 3

Plus I plan on collecting for another ten to twenty years and when the value reaches a point to when or a big IF I can retire on it,thats when ill sell it.its not when you tell me to,not my family or my buddies.No way.I live at home,because I plan to move out once I get engaged to be married.its called tradition.

So you own a million dollars worth of video games but want to live at home till you get married due to tradition? Your logic is extremely flawed (and not very believable).

Just settle down a bit and you'll be fine. Stop with the needless boasting (a collection valued at almost a million dollars? Really?), stop snapping at people, and think before you type. Also, capitalization and spaces after periods are your friends.

• Like 1

Ok I will rethink over everything.I will settle down.ill stop calling people out.I mean I had people prior come over and went through all the rares,obscure systems,duplicate rares,and so forth and it was close to 1 million.what I stated the value at,may of been a bit over it,not sure.all I can say is I need to call up professionals to appraise my collection again and well see what they say.

As for living at home,it is due to tradition.I dont want to live by myself,that sucks.regardless of how ever much cash I have.id rather wait till I have gotten engaged or at least move in with her.right now,im looking for apartments,or a house.What I dont have is help from my friends or family.it sucks.Shawn I may own close to a million dollars in videogames,however im not selling it until im ready.I really dont care what you think,nor care what you believe is true or not.

I don't need to do that. I have a good idea of the value of my collection. I don't care if I lose money selling it for "just" $75,000. I'm 43 and have been collecting since I was a child, even before I knew what collecting was. My time and the ridiculous size of my collection no longer allows me to enjoy it all the way I'd like to. That's unlikely to change until I retire, which is probably another 25 years away. So yes, I'd be thrilled to get out now, even if I'd be turning down more money in the future. As a collector, there reaches a point where it's just too much. So, while I love my collection beyond measure, I'd be perfectly happy with letting it all go as well.

Of course, the main issue is it's extraordinarily difficult to sell ready made, extra large collections. I have no interest in selling off piecemeal either, since that goes back to the "not enough time" thing.

Perhaps it would be best to split the collection into 2 parts. The material you want to enjoy and use on a daily basis. The other stuff, pack it up, condense it, long term storage.

I'm in the process of doing that with my Apple II material, dividing it into 2 parts.

1- The stuff I had as a kid. The sentimental stuff. Up to about the 486 era.

2- The stuff I bought on ebay, from the dotcom era to present.

I bet there's things in your stash that you haven't touched in years. Things you haven't even thought about in years!

ADDED:

Sure, there's going to be some crossover, things I no longer want that I originally had. Duplicates for one.. And there are some things acquired from ebay that are now important and used on a semi-regular basis.

It is also important to be aware of what a collection is worth and what you can actually sell it for. Sometimes the difference is shocking!

Edited by Keatah

Guys,whatever you believe about what im saying and if you have bad comments,please keep it to yourself for your own satisfaction.Its only causing stress on me and causing this topic to be a joke.I dont want to over react anymore to this topic.Can you all respect this?kindly post.even though im not innocent myself im at least trying to settledown and be nice here and correct my behaviors.

In all do respect to everyone.im am not going to post another comment in this topic unless people talk about the main focus.The main focus is the pictures that ive posted on this topic.Please let me know your thoughts on it,any questions are welcome.

If anybody else has anything else that has nothing to do with that,well you will be ignored or simply not answered.no offense.

Yeah, I don't mean to pile on here, but when you're almost 30--I think I read somewhere you said you are 28?--and living with your parents and doing things like trying to take out $10,000 loans to buy an Atari 2000 (which no bank in the world is going to approve, btw), your priorities are seriously, possibly even dangerously out of whack. I'm not saying this to be mean; that's stone cold fact. We all love video games, and some of us spend what an outside observer would probably call a stupid amount of money on them, but at the end of the day, they don't matter. What matters is being able to function as an independent adult, if/when you need to; that's not possible when all your money is in collectables.

If you choose to live at home, that's your business and I'm not going to judge you for it--although I will say that not having your own place *severely* hurts your chances of meeting someone who wants to marry you (it's a HUGE turn-off, for several reasons; even having an apartment with a roommate is a huge step up). Or maybe that's not unusual in your area, I don't know. Nevertheless, like Tep said, that's a *primo* opportunity to be putting money into savings, interest-bearing accounts, IRAs, bonds, or what have you. I know none of those things are as fun as collecting video games, however: A) Collectable markets tend to be volatile, B) they aren't necessarily liquid--meaning you can't simply "cash them in" on a whim, especially highly valuable or niche items--and C) if they get stolen or destroyed, you're up shit creek, and even insurance only covers so much.

Again, I know it's not my business, but if I may offer some advice, mine would be to take a few steps back from the whole video game thing and re-evaluate. I mean, really re-evaluate. Where do you want be in five, ten years? How are you going to get there? (Hint: video games are not the answer) That kind of thing. Just something to think about.

Now back to the 5200 kiosk system. :)

• Like 4