IGNORED

just bought an atari 5200 kiosk system,kiosk controller and a LJN VideoArt

atari2800man

Again, I know it's not my business, but if I may offer some advice, mine would be to take a few steps back from the whole video game thing and re-evaluate. I mean, really re-evaluate. Where do you want be in five, ten years? How are you going to get there? (Hint: video games are not the answer) That kind of thing. Just something to think about.

Now back to the 5200 kiosk system. :)

I think is a good philosophy. Since we're off-topic anyway, I may as well chime in with some additional thoughts related to this (and please take my comments for what they are--waxing philosophical on the ideas and making it personal rather than preaching).

Hobby activities should rarely be a main driver in your life unless you can make a living at it. In my case, even though I've had several books published and a film released, and have been running Armchair Arcade since 2003, and presently advise a videogame-centric company on an ongoing basis, etc., none of those has ever been a primary activity or source of income. They've all been secondary or less. I've always had a good primary job that takes care of both me and my family.

While I DO spend an inordinate amount of money on stuff related to videogames and computers, the well-being and support of my family (wife and three kids) always comes first. They're also my priority when it comes to time, i.e., my collection and its usage thereof never trumps spending time with my loved ones. I do think that kind of perspective has alllowed me to thrive in life (relative to my own parameters and desires, of course, not anyone else's) and I highly recommend practicing being "well-rounded" to anyone else and constantly trying to improving yourself (I believe practicing that philosophy in my late teens and throughout my 20s allowed me to get to where I wanted to be). That to me is the healthiest way to live even if you have burning "hobby" passions (which for me is primarily collecting videogame and computer stuff and working out).

• Like 7

Thank you Bill!!!!I will look into making collecting a second form of income and bring in cash plus have my primary job too.I have put alot of money away.I just need to act on getting my life together and move out.Videogame collecting in general can be addictive.I need to learn how to control that habit of mine.

Its quite tricky. The power cord coming out of the console isnt as long as you would think. I needed to literally have it on my game stand with a surg protector right underneath below on the other shelving. Everything else is great in terms of wiring,which being audio/video. I know now it does work very good.

It sounds and looks a hell of alot better than the original 5200 console.

Its quite tricky. The power cord coming out of the console isnt as long as you would think. I needed to literally have it on my game stand with a surg protector right underneath below on the other shelving. Everything else is great in terms of wiring,which being audio/video. I know now it does work very good.

It sounds and looks a hell of alot better than the original 5200 console.

I would guess that the transformer/power supply assembly has been moved into the 5200 case, probably in the area where controllers would be stored on a standard 5200.

That arrangement would make it easier to quickly put together in a commercial setting. I'm wondering what sort of CRT display would have been used in the kiosk? The 2600 kiosks I have seen, used a regular tv set. I never saw a 5200 kiosk set up in a store. Maybe it was a standard composite monitor?