IGNORED

MYSTIC CASTLE by Intelligentvision now available - ROM

Rev

Intelligentvision has the ROM available for Mystic Castle. Now where is CIB!?!? ;-)

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/orderroms.php

Mystic Castle was a prototype game that was later relased as Thunder Castle. The game play to Thunder Castle is slow and takes away from the fun of the game. This UPDATED release fixes the game play speed issue, adds 4 levels to start the game with making it more fun for beginners, and updates bonus images.

• Like 8

Where in the bloody hell is the CIB??? :waving:

The inner circle that is in charge of all homebrew and previously unreleased games decided it was best to limit the number of releases for each year to a maximum of ten, which, curiously, is as high as the members of the inner circle can count up to. At the last secret meeting in a cave that is a stone's throw away from Stonehenge, this game didn't make the final cut.

Unfortunately, there is talk that some producers have gone "rogue" and will be opening the floodgates for new releases. This will be seriously investigated and seriously dealt with in the same serious manner that the serious "Intellivision Brotherhood" deals with all serious issues.

:ahoy:

• Like 3

Unfortunately, there is talk that some producers have gone "rogue" and will be opening the floodgates for new releases. This will be seriously investigated and seriously dealt with in the same serious manner that the serious "Intellivision Brotherhood" deals with all serious issues.

I say release the games at will. If this is only a hack of the original game, why wait?

On another note, has anyone bought the Mystic Castle ROM and can give us a review of how it truly varies from Thunder Castle (i.e. is the game play easier, is it a game you would enjoy playing over and over?)

Edited by atarifan88

Being a big fan of Thunder Castle since I was a teenager I have just tried Mystic Castle on my pc and, believe me, the enhancements David has made are great and this version is much more fun.

I thought Thunder Castle couldn't be made better, but I was wrong!!

Fantastic job, David!! As always

• Like 3

The inner circle that is in charge of all homebrew and previously unreleased games decided it was best to limit the number of releases for each year to a maximum of ten, which, curiously, is as high as the members of the inner circle can count up to. At the last secret meeting in a cave that is a stone's throw away from Stonehenge, this game didn't make the final cut.

Good to hear.

I'm ok with little hacked roms like this having a place in the hobby without going full-bore CIB release all the time. In fact, I really like the idea of hacked/better versions of released games showing up. I think that makes the games a bit more interesting. A lot of that kind of thing goes on in the 2600 community.

That said, if a CIB version shows up, I'll buy it. :)

(I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime I want!!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Maybe some members of that circle discovered that shoes and socks could be removed -- and can now count higher?

• Like 1

So is this actually a prototype version of Thunder Castle that played faster or just a hacked version of Thunder Castle using the original prototype name? If it's the later, why not call it Thunder Castle + or something? I find this confusing.