IGNORED

Finally got my Hands on the Pro controller and Zero 5

Scorponok

At long last I finally found a pro controller for less that 700 bucks. Zero 5 was also being sold for a decent price. Now that I have tackled that mountain of rarity I must find a Jaguar CD unit AND Battlesphere. Oh but it doesn't end there! Let's just say for the sake of argument I sold my soul for a Jag CD unit (which is far rarer than Godly miracles I'm afraid ) i STILL would need to find the rarest jag cd game which is Towers 2! God.....if I had a time machine I would've never started this hobby.

• Like 1

For all you people paying anything over $150 for a Pro controller, or thinking about it. Just don't. These controllers are severely overrated and severely over priced right now. I think there are a couple few guys hoarding Pro Controllers. Not that long ago, you could get them for $50 on ebay. 3 or 4 years ago or so. Then all of a sudden they dried up and disappeared mysteriously. Its a case of hoarding I believe. For years and years, you could find one for 50 bucks, now all of a sudden in the last 2 years, people are trying to sell them for 200+, even people listing the box only for hundreds. Do not but this crap for that money. You can play all Jaguar games perfectly well with the regular controller.

end rant.

PS - I have owned a couple pro controllers over the years. On mine, I actually felt the d-pad was worse than regular Jag controller. Being far too stiff. I also don't remember hardly any games where I benefitted from the shoulder buttons or 3 extra face buttons.

• Like 5

For all you people paying anything over $150 for a Pro controller, or thinking about it. Just don't. These controllers are severely overrated and severely over priced right now. I think there are a couple few guys hoarding Pro Controllers. Not that long ago, you could get them for $50 on ebay. 3 or 4 years ago or so. Then all of a sudden they dried up and disappeared mysteriously. Its a case of hoarding I believe. For years and years, you could find one for 50 bucks, now all of a sudden in the last 2 years, people are trying to sell them for 200+, even people listing the box only for hundreds. Do not but this crap for that money. You can play all Jaguar games perfectly well with the regular controller.

end rant.

PS - I have owned a couple pro controllers over the years. On mine, I actually felt the d-pad was worse than regular Jag controller. Being far too stiff. I also don't remember hardly any games where I benefitted from the shoulder buttons or 3 extra face buttons.

I'm sorry but none of this is true. There are some games for the Jaguar that the pro controller is essential to have. Such as carnage, atari karts, any fighting game ever etc....Also just because a certain item was once cheaply sold doesn't change their rarity. How many pro controller reviews do you see on YouTube? A total of 2. And they are both foreign. Edited by Scorponok

Towers II on a CD. Haven't heard of that one. ***Google Search*** .......nothing

Is there a reference someone could post to that one actually existing? Let the rumors ensue :rolling:

It's on jag cd buddy. And even if it wasn't perhaps you could enlighten the other collectors rather than being a fool.

I've owned a couple of ProControllers. I know I may be in the minority, but I have to say I didn't think it was any improvement over the regular controllers.

YMMV but I wouldn't pay an exorbitant price for a Pro...

And even if it wasn't perhaps you could enlighten the other collectors rather than being a fool.

I am sorry that my comment came off negatively. Enlightening was exactly what I was trying to do. That is why I was asking you for a reference to back up your comment about Towers 2 being on CD. It would be something interesting to see or read about.

I would try to get a pro controller for one reason only: to be able to circle strafe in AvP. It would give me more belief in being able to beat it with Marine. That's the only "gaming virtue" it has (plz tell me if I'm wrong).

I did make a bid recently at £70, and it sold for £160, so not even close...

• Like 1

It's on jag cd buddy. And even if it wasn't perhaps you could enlighten the other collectors rather than being a fool.

That precious moment when a n00b inserts foot...

FWIW, I vastly prefer the Pro controller. I prefer the button feel and it's virtually necessary for a game like Primal rage.

Edited by racerx
  • Like 2

If I had a time machine, I would have bought a load of games 15-20 years ago when they were dirt cheap :)

I would have instead sent a note to myself that 20+Y later I will get the collector bug and to choose wisely, time and space come at a premium.

Together with the "Back To The Future" style Almanac of winning teams on any sports as well as lotto numbers etc....etc....

I'm pretty sure that would have made my past self rich and extremely asshole (it's in my blood I know) and made my past self head grow so big it would eventually explode with the biggest blast radius possible to make sure that as many reachable people/bystanders are part of the misery (because "misery loves company") .... but I digress here.

How many Pro Controllers do I need to be considered as hoarding them? [emoji1]

3 or more.

The NUON controllers mysteriously dried up around the same time as the Pro Controllers. Could be the same guy bought them all up. Most Jag fans are also NUON fans.

Edited by JaGamer
  • Like 1

zero 5 kind of sucks and the pro controller holy shit on price I am glad I bought it when it first came out. The pro controller seems good but not useful just about no games used it well. I have used it since I got it and it still works great so it will last you.

I would also like to add about the regular 3 button Jag controllers. There are several variations of the controller, some being better than others as far as d-pad and button springiness. Do a search on the forums.

Same goes for Cybermorph. The 1 mb version is more annoying because Skylar has way fewer sayings, so she repeats herself a lot more than the 2 mb version.

Sadly, I think this is a big reason a lot of people new to the Jag thinks it sucks. Because they end up with the worst variation controller and the annoying version of Cybermorph...

Sadly, I think this is a big reason a lot of people new to the Jag thinks it sucks. Because they end up with the worst variation controller and the annoying version of Cybermorph...

Which are probably also the more common (or they would cost an arm and a leg otherwise) so they are in a way representative of the experience.

I don't remember having to chase any particular variation of game/controller on any other mainstream systems with the exception of the Sega Saturn and its terrible westerner controllers.

If Atari decided to save a penny dropping the ROM size from 2MB to 1MB in Cybermorph and in so doing "annoying" its own customer base it's really telling.

Wrt to Saturn I mean, this one SUCKS:

314px-Saturnpad2.jpg

This one ROCKS:

20110127231951%21SaturnPad.jpg

• Like 1