IGNORED

Finally got my Hands on the Pro controller and Zero 5

Scorponok

Happily married, thanks.DSC_8682_zpsbmfsxnvp.jpg

So let me get this straight. You are obviously a fan of classic games and systems. It seems to me you really don't have a leg to stand on. You are just trash talking a system just....because! Also I can find random photos off of Google image and pretend that I'm a part of a happy family too!

You know what? I like this guy. I hope he sticks around. :D

Screw that. I assumed atari age would offer reasonable debates. All I'm seeing is annoying s**t talkers and trolls. Go play your modern systems while mocking the retro gamers and making assumptions about their intellectual prowess or motives for collecting

Did you make these photos JUST for this debate? I'm flattered

You should be. It takes a particularly annoying rookie to agitate me.

Per you:

Have you really played the best games? Battlesphere, Zero 5, Phase zero, towers 2, Breakout 2000, Missile command 3d, Rayman, Skyhammer, Iron soldier 2 etc....that's well over a 2 thousand dollars worth of games. People tend to believe they've seen everything the jaguar has to offer but really. ...they have only been exposed to the rushed launch titles and they base their assessment off of them.

I have no idea who you are, and frankly I don't care. My time here on AA is a matter of record, and since the late 70s I kept all my games before collecting was even a thing. I'd already said I've got a complete set of Jag releases, which I've played extensively, and you basically called me out by saying "yeah, but you don't know the good stuff." GTFO.

The harsh truth is that although it's my personal favorite system, most of its games are mediocre-to-crap. Most of its releases compare more favorably to the preceding 16-bit gen than to any "next gen" system. It doesn't matter why, or what excuses Atari had. I'm glad you think it's a fantastic system. More power to you. But my love for it doesn't blind me to facts.

• Like 7

....me along with an exclusive number of people will be enjoying a rare gem. ...

There is no "posse" or club. I'm talking about the exclusive nature of the limited supplies available. You are just trolling and you are doing a poor job of it actually.

Now you are, before you weren't (you stressed "people" as if that made you "special"), and limited supply does not mean quality, never have, never hasn't, never had have hasn't!!!

How am I trolling anyway, I own a Jag with JagCD so I am not commenting via YT second hand fumes ... ahem smoke.

I'm pretty sure given a Saturn a PS1 and a Jag with the complete library to choose from, the Jag would be the last of the choices.

I'm pretty sure given an SNES an MD and a Jag with the complete library to choose from, the Jag would be the last of the choices.

Cause there's no denying that for all 4 other systems mentioned there's a lot more memorable games no matter how you slice it.

Does the Jag have some good games, yes, do they scream next-gen not really, they are still good in their own way.

• Like 3

I've been a Jag fan since about 2000, and even I have to admit that the majority of games are not that good. For every gem such as T2K or AvP, you get crap like Flip-out (barf!) or cheap-ass conversions of Amiga or Genesis games.

I'm more a fan of what might have been. There is a really decent console buried under all the shit, crying to get out.

Sad i also am a fan since 1994-95. The majority of the games were good the consumer didn't get the commercial adds and cheap late night info that the Jag spurred out.Allot of the games were conversions but ........they had there hits like Cybermorph , AVP, Jaguar style , trevor mcfur, bad ass for its time also there so called land to air games like Hover Strike , AirCars , Phase Zero , BattleMorph , BattleSphere , Thats just the beginning of the originals that the Jaguar had so BARF isnt a word i would use for the jaguar line up sure it wasnt the best but it dam sure didnt fall short to the game systems at the time.Including Missle Command 3D , Defender 2000, TK2, SO FORTH and SO ON ........:P

Edited by Xgames

Scorponok This is some cool pics i think you would like Towers2 pictures of the actual towers2 TOWERS . I included my walk through and some bad ass pics of the game the Jaguar version is in fact a cartridge but the win 95 box set is the best version to get which i included in the pic hope you enjoy it .Oh and sorry Scorponok for ppl on the forum being so rude.They should realize that your a noob no offense and explain things to you rather then act beyond there graces.

post-44754-0-83124800-1459305081_thumb.jpg

post-44754-0-84771400-1459305101_thumb.jpg

post-44754-0-21349800-1459305120_thumb.jpg

Copy of Towers 2 guide COMPLETE!.rtf

Edited by Xgames

I truly don't feel like a "victim". I'm a collector. I once owned most of these things and then threw them away. I am now rectifying this. I started rectifying this waaaay before it became a thing. It's cute that you see all "newbs" to this particular sight as newbs to the entire gaming industry. Seems like your a victim of superficial perceptions. Also to actually compare a collectible classic item to pricing of modern items is quite silly. Why buy a jaguar cd when I can get a PS4 instead right? Yeah....Once again your a victim of commerce. I collect transformers and 80s toys. Do I ever think twice about a 80s die cast high quality product costing more than the plastic cheap junk they sell today? No....because I'm a collector. I also see the value of rarity. So while everyone and their mamma will be playing a ps4 or xbox....me along with an exclusive number of people will be enjoying a rare gem. Ironically older systems tend to outlast next gen systems. My ps3 lasted 4 years. My jaguar and super Nintendo are still kicking it decades later.

I'am afraid you just don't understand and really lack of lucidity: if the speculation on Jaguar items is skyrocketing this is not because of rarity (the Amstrad GX4000 is even rarer and noone care) but because of guys like you who are ready to spend any amount of money just to be able to say "I got it" and to be proud of placing the game on a shelf, sometimes in a wrapped box they will never open.

You see Jag items like hunting trophies and that sucks to me.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 6

@Scorponok:

Sorry, but no..just NO.

Your points regarding:

1) "Atari never lied about anything".Mate i even asked Darryl Still why he'd claimed Jaguar was on par with the Sega Saturn and even out did it in some areas, months ago and he was honest enough to explain how that fiasco had come about:

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5210

We know Atari used fake screens to advertise C.Flag on Jaguar, the Tomb Raider screens used by Atari in the supplement they paid Edge Magazine to produce and those used to preview Jag CD Freelancer were mock-up's in case of the 1st, PC CD screens in the case of the 2nd, as those behind them have been honest enough to admit where the screens came from.

As for point 2) "Their tech specs were all accurate"

You might want to look up what Argonaut's Jez san had to say about that 850 Million Pixels a second animation speed claim for starters.....

These are from trusted industry sources, not Wikip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scorponok is upset because not everyone here in the Jag forum, is an Atari/Jaguar apologist. This is unfortunate.

Please go forth and enjoy your self-perceived 'exclusivity whilst, most of us here, already have complete Jag Cart collections (before the likes of 'collectors' came on board and falsely inflated prices due to delusional perspectives on gaming) and have, for DECADES, accepted and played the Jag for what it is: the good, the bad and the ugly.

Please don't come on here all condescending, telling us that we mustn't have played x, y & z games and imply we need enlightening. Also, it's not $2ks worth of games... certainly not back when I bought them. Noob...

• Like 5