IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Could any one please remind me the max capacity micro sd card that's needed for the 'whole' lynx library and compatible with the device?

Less than a couple of hundred meg. If you add all the home brews as well you aren't going to struggle with say a 2Gb card. I wonder if there's a limit on filename length shown, and max number of files in a folder, does it support folders?

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 1

AS

Less than a couple of hundred meg. If you add all the home brews as well you aren't going to struggle with say a 2Gb card. I wonder if there's a limit on filename length shown, and max number of files in a folder, does it support folders?

As far as I can see this is the longest file name - at least from the commercial releases.

Fidelity Ultimate Chess Challenge (1991) (Telegames) [o1].lnx

I think I've been using a 4gb card which works fine. I believe either FAT or FAT32 formatted cards will work, but no long filename support I'm afraid as there was no support possible with the code / PIC combination I used. I think the current menu supports 255 entries per folder and a max folder path of 255 chars. This is entirely a limit of the menu program on the Lynx though, so someone could change this (full source for the menu has been provided).

I'll update the preorders list and finish off the cart cases for the first 5 carts tomorrow, then they're ready to go. Been laid up with a crappy cold for the last few days. :(

Edited by SainT

Fantastic news, SainT! The end product looks fantastic!

You may have addressed it in the original interest thread, but any issues with comlynx multiplayer support?

There should be no issues, however I've not tested it. It is possible something hasn't been reset correctly before the game boots which could cause a problem (like the problems I originally had with audio until I reset a load of hardware regs). If there is any issue, however, it will only be a software fix in the menu code and nothing related to the cartridge hardware itself. As far as that goes it's just a cartridge like any other.

• Like 3

Great idea, especially for homebrew and photo games. Please add me to the list.

Will this be available on demand after the first run?

1x uncased version for lynx 1 / Tracked, £50 insurance. Can you send the case of the card loose (not attached to card), please.

Edited by bmx
  • Like 1

WOW! Photo games!

Is there a camera for the Lynx like the PSP and 3ds?

AR Games like Invizimals? :grin:

Autocorrection trolled me. Ment was "Prototype games".

Maybe some time in the future someone develops an Game-Boy Pocket like Camera for the Lynx. Then we can habe all this. ;)

Autocorrection trolled me. Ment was "Prototype games".

Maybe some time in the future someone develops an Game-Boy Pocket like Camera for the Lynx. Then we can habe all this. ;)

Given the interest (and therefore my low position in line for the multi cart), officially registering interest for one of these camera-enabled super carts right now. :grin:

• Like 1