IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Thanks for putting my name on the list Saint, I definitely want at least one if not two at this point, please PM as you say when you work down the list. I dont have much time to get on this forum but shall have an alert of a PM when you get to me so please don't skip over me if i dont get back to you instantly. Great job mate, hope you make enough dosh to get a holiday out of this, think you deserve it!

• Like 2

I've ordered a batch of 100 carts from the PCB fab I've been using. There's just been so much demand, I thought bugger it, and went ahead with the larger order (I had been looking at other fabs for smaller runs). They should be here in about 3 weeks I think, then we can get things moving properly I hope! Exciting and slightly scary at the sums of money forked out... ;)

• Like 7

And to those who should be getting their carts in the next few days, I've added the required files for the memory card to the first post and added details of what is needed to be done in the FAQ bit. Give me a shout if there are any questions. :)

Edited by SainT

I've just been having some fun on the Lynx with the cart and noticed a couple of games failed to start first time, but then worked fine the next time i tried them. It's the same games (Toki and Road Blasters are two) I had issues with before I reset the hardware registers in the menu, and also the same kind of problem (screen doesn't setup correctly and game doesn't start). So it looks like there may still be something else needs resetting before boot.

Either way, if anyone has an issue starting a game just turn off and try it again. I'll have a look at the menu code and see what else I can reset (it's just a menu.bin update to fix)...

Also give me a shout of there is any rom image which isn't working and I'll investigate. The only issues I've seen so far have been dodgy rom images... :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 2

I've ordered a batch of 100 carts from the PCB fab I've been using. There's just been so much demand, I thought bugger it, and went ahead with the larger order (I had been looking at other fabs for smaller runs). They should be here in about 3 weeks I think, then we can get things moving properly I hope! Exciting and slightly scary at the sums of money forked out... ;)

Will there be any more builds before the arrival of the new batch of carts? Just curious. Thanks again for an awesome offering! :-)

I've just been having some fun on the Lynx with the sd cart and noticed a couple of games failed to start first time, but then worked fine the next time i tried them. It's the same games (Toki and Road Blasters are two) I had issues with before I reset the hardware registers in the menu, and also the same kind of problem (screen doesn't setup correctly and game doesn't start). So it looks like there may still be something else needs resetting before boot.

Either way, if anyone has an issue starting a game just turn off and try it again. I'll have a look at the menu code and see what else I can reset (it's just a menu.bin update to fix)...

Also give me a shout of there is any rom image which isn't working and I'll investigate. The only issues I've seen so far have been dodgy rom images... :)

Sounds like nothing to worry about! Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

Will there be any more builds before the arrival of the new batch of carts? Just curious. Thanks again for an awesome offering! :-)

Yes, I will see if I can improve anything in the next few weeks. Although I tried Toki again last night about 20 times and it worked every time, so there's some timing issue or something involved... :(

Or minor manufacturing variations within same Lynx model? ie one model used slower RAM chip and later production run used faster RAM?

We'd need more testing to try and narrow down to specific Lynx console and if possible, the motherboard revision and date.

LX.NET / 7800fan -- the issues I am seeing are on the Lynx I've been testing with most, my Lynx 2 with new screen. The issue has not been consistently repeatable (in-fact I've not seen it again, despite playing for a good session last night -- Lemmings is good ;)), so it does appear to be timing specific. I'm very familiar with these kinds of bugs, as solving stuff like this is my day job. ;)

• Like 1

To clear things up a bit I'm starting a pre-order list for the SD cartridge for the Lynx. For those who aren't aware, this is a cartridge for the Lynx which allows you to play the back ROM images stored on an SD card on the Lynx. This is it in action:

Awesome - this will be the perfect compliment to the McWill VGA screen!

• Like 1

Just got mine today. It looks great but I need to buy a Micro SD card to use with it (I thought it took regular SD for some reason). What size card do I need to fit all the known Lynx roms (I figure other people will want to know before they get theirs).

• Like 1

Just got mine today. It looks great but I need to buy a Micro SD card to use with it (I thought it took regular SD for some reason). What size card do I need to fit all the known Lynx roms (I figure other people will want to know before they get theirs).

I have a folder full of the commercial ROMs that barely comes to 20Mb, and another with homebrews etc that's about the same.

That's to say, it seems even a 1GB microSD card (if you can still buy one), should be ample.