IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Ok, this was a bit of a surprise. DHL turned up with the cartridges today! :D

I've just got the one programmed and tested, but it works perfectly, the build quality is excellent, and they look bloody fantastic! Well pleased.

So just need to go through and program and test the lot, print off some cases, assemble and start shipping out! Things are finally moving.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 12

As someone who's dangerously close to, but not part of the next 100... what's the policy on waiting for people to respond/pay etc before they lose their slot?

Guess you don't want to be hanging around holding cards back if people drag their heels (while others wait with cash in hand).

Yep, that's a fair point. I've not been too bothered so far due to the lack of stock, but now I've got a good quantity of units here I want to get them to good homes! :D

At the moment with the amount of stock I've got I'm going to start having trouble keeping track of everything. I'll basically start at the top and work my way down offering people carts until stock runs out, at which point I'll start from the top again and anyone who hasn't paid but showed interested I will offer their cart to the next person on the list and so on.

There's enough interest to get another batch done (probably more), so I'll start getting this lot out then most likely put another order in. So I'm hoping stock will not be an issue from here on.

• Like 3

What's retro HQ saint, is that your company? Looks pretty swish.

Yep, I bought the RetroHQ domain a couple of years ago to use as email mostly, but its gradually been growing into more. The website is mostly there also, but I've not moved it to the domain properly yet due to having to move the email accounts and all sorts, so just haven't got around to it. But the content is public here: http://s618410140.websitehome.co.uk/

I'll have a web-shop on there eventually with all my electronics stuff, or that's the plan anyway.

• Like 1

Yep, that's a fair point. I've not been too bothered so far due to the lack of stock, but now I've got a good quantity of units here I want to get them to good homes! :D

At the moment with the amount of stock I've got I'm going to start having trouble keeping track of everything. I'll basically start at the top and work my way down offering people carts until stock runs out, at which point I'll start from the top again and anyone who hasn't paid but showed interested I will offer their cart to the next person on the list and so on.

There's enough interest to get another batch done (probably more), so I'll start getting this lot out then most likely put another order in. So I'm hoping stock will not be an issue from here on.

Sounds good. I would guess 1 week to respond? If they don't respond, move to the end of the list, offer your flash cart to the next person on the list, and check the no responder again when you're back at them. If they still don't respond, maybe the account was lost or abandoned and drop them from the list.

It seems I am somewhere in the 150's to 170's so I would be waiting a while. Of course if a lot of people in front of me buys multiples that I would be waiting a looong time.

Saint,you dit great work of producing and showing us new batches of the lynx sd card,they look very promising.

Also the way how you explainedon your site how the atari lynx cartride port works and how to overcome those limitations(!) in order to get an sd card work on it is just ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC???,because LIKELY the lynx never gives up in an attempt to try load a rom.

You solved those complicated problems, you should deserve an emmy award for this, you made the impossible possible, and i tell you what, i love the lynx, being the 1st 16bit color handheld ever at 1989, who knows what kind of potential capabilities could be still uncovered.

BTW, if you really don't get toki and some other few games work on the sd card, i would just suggest, don't bother with it because they may never work on it, so it may doesn't make sence to investigate another year just to found outthat they just don't work,sothat it become an long ansure.

I would just simply ebay those incompatible games,but if they do work, you can inform us about it.

Again you dit amezing work???

I have about 20 finished and ready to go, building and testing a few more every night (there's 9 cases printing out right now ;)).

I'm currently waiting on setting up a business bank account at the moment before I'll start taking any payments and shipping out orders. Its got to the point now I have to start doing things "properly" with all the interest I'm getting here! As usual I'm taking things one step at a time.

Sorry for the delays as usual. But on the bright side, once I can start fulfilling orders, there will be around 100 carts ready to go!

• Like 10

Be mindful of your supply and demand. Wouldn't want to end up with over 100 unsold carts that takes a few years to move like Chad suffered with his Cuttle cart supply.

At the moment I estimate I'll probably be making about 300 of these, but that may of course be more or less depending on how demand pans out. As its only really cost effective to get batches of 100 or more made, its going to mean making a call on getting more made will require a certain number of pre-orders for the next batch.

As always, I'm playing things by ear and generally winging it. Even if I end up with 80 odd left from a batch I'm sure if I resort to eBay and other means to sell them they'll go eventually.

I mean, who wouldn't want one?! :D

• Like 2

Is there a limit of one per person on the initial reservation list? I've seen a few people wanting 2 or more that are a head of me ( think I am at 132) and people getting multiples would definitely bump me down a lot farther. Thanks for you time SainT!